Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Destroy sensitivity?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Destroy sensitivity?
kittykit
Neophyte
Member # 16957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kittykit     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I heard that using a vibrator for masturbation can decrease vaginal sensitivity and lower the enjoyment of sex. Is this true? Is it permanent? Is using a vibrator every day too much? Thanks for reading this, I hope I haven't caused irreperable "damage" already.
Posts: 6 | From: burbank, california, united states | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Women who ride motorcycles every day can get off just fine.

(And believe me, while they've come close, there is yet to be the vibrator with that level of vibration yet.)

There's never been any actual data to support that theory long-term. Some women report that sometimes, but that's likely a) because the sex they're having is just substandard in the first place, or b) they just find they prefer vibrator sex and don't know how to work that out or c) before using vibes, they never had high levels of stimulation and so assume that what they got with sex before not cutting the proverbial mustard means the vibrator made them less sensitive, rather than more discerning about getting enough stimulus.

Mind, JUST after using a vibe, sure: one might find other stimulus less stimulating. But within just a little while -- sometimes even just a couple minutes -- that should pass, same way as if we rub our hands tgether very fast, for a few minutes they'll tingle.

So, no worries. If it turns into a problem for you ever, best be is just to be sure you're not doing any one thing or using any one specific toy very habitually. Just keeping things varied -- and this'd be the same with male masturbation, too -- generally prevents any problems.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.