Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pimples or somethign else?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pimples or somethign else?
ayeayeaye
Activist
Member # 16787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ayeayeaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i've always had these bumps on my areolas which i know is normal, but i recently realized that someof them will get these ittle white heads on them and i can squeeze them and a little bit of junk will come out like a pimple. could these be pimples on my areolas, is this normal?i am kind of a zitty person otherwise so i guess it wouldn't surprise me even though its kind of gross. they never before had these white heads on them that i noticed at least so i don't know if this is a new development or what? any advice?
Posts: 138 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, they likely are are the normal Montgomery glands of the areola.

Stop squeezing them, as you may then cause an infection in them. They're normal: those glands exist to help keep the nipples healthy and less irritated during breast-feeding, as they are oil-producing.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ayeayeaye
Activist
Member # 16787

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ayeayeaye     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oh okay, is it normal for them to have little white heads on them?
Posts: 138 | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.