Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Irritation?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Irritation?
Heaven08
Neophyte
Member # 13788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heaven08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive been going through this roller coaster from what seems like forever now. Ive been recently tested for STD's along with my boyfriend. Unfortunatly his test came out positive for Chlymidia but mine came out negative for everything. So i was convinced that maybe my "boyfriend" was just messing around and caught it somewhere. But i started to feel irritated very sensitive, and a sharp pinch inside of me, probably my cervix. he swears that he hasnt slept with anyone but me, and i really beleive him, we have an open relationship considering hes about 3000 miles away. he really wouldnt have any reason to lie to me especially if i told him that i understood. But still hes completely stays by his story.

I was thinking about it, and talking to one of my ex's. He asked me what was wrong, and i told him. He told me that thats weird because ever since we were sexually active, it burns him when he pees. I told him to get checked out but he wont. So despite the fact my test was negative, i went to the Gyno anyways and got checked out. I got re-tested for chlymidia and i have to wait a week for the results.

Ever since i went to the gyno, ive been itiching so bad, everyday.it does not burn when i pee but My urine has been cloudy what seems like forever now, and my clitorus has just gotten really sensitive. And to top it off i just got my period today, and the blood is really dark brown. I wear tampons so now im sure it might irritate my cervix again.

I wanna believe that my tests were right, but i know somethings wrong with me, and im just afriad that these doctors are taking far too long, and im just afiraid the longer it takes the worse ill be. The itchiness wont stop no matter what i do. And im truly getting scared, waiting. I dont know if its chlymidia, or a yeast infection. Or anything else, but i know its something.

Im extremely stressed out, extremely exhausted, and really depressed lately from all this testing and waiting. I have no insurence so in the past month ive spent about $800 on testing and doctor visits.I just want answers, or at least advice on what i can do till i get my results. Knowing that i might have an infection effects me all day everyday.

I just want to be taken care of already. Take my medicine if needed, or at least be told something. Im trying to drink a lot more water, i know my diet isnt the greatest. And i drink far too much soda. And sometimes if i eat too fast, i get stomache cramps and abdominal cramps.

I know this letter seems more of a venting letter then advice, but do you have any for me, mentally and phisically.?

Posts: 26 | From: Miami, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
First things first: there is NO reason you should have spent that much money on testing. In all major cities in the states, and plenty of smaller ones, there are at least a handful of sliding-scale clinics you can be using. Do yourself a favor and look them up.

Here's the thing about testing: we all need to get it done every year, and mor often if we get new partners in each year. So, if you weren't in the habit of testing well before this, then yes, it's possible you could have had a long-untreated infection, maybe more than one. In looking at your post history, I'm seeing you having reported unusua discharge before, as well as a possible war on one of your inner labia: did you ever end up having this stuff checked out back then in 2003?

-- Oop, scratch that. Looks like you were screened in 2003, but I see you noting you were diagnosed with genital herpes, as well as noting that you were having sharp pelvic pains. Was that looked into? --

Right now, all you can do is wait for the last round of results. Until you get them, I'd suggest you:

- not use tampons right now if you're having any sort of vaginal irritation. Thats's only going to make it worse, as tampons not only contain bleaches, they absorb your natural vaginal fluids which help to keep you comfortable. Swiotch to pads, preferably all-cotton, unbleached pads.

- go ahead and get yourself an over-the-counter cream for the genitals designed to reduce itching, or apply some 100% aloe vera gel.

- drink extra water. The cloudy or concentrated urine may be due to dehydration. And the soda isn't likely to help. from the sounds of things, your urine issues are more likely to be a result of your diet than anything else.

- take care of yourself. Do whatever it is you do to reduce stress and relax.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there,
Sorry to hear that you're going through this difficult time. From what you've told me, it sounds like both you and your ex have an infection of some sort, most likely, chlamydia, although it could be something else. When you get definitive test results back, ask your doctor about what you can do about informing your ex. Some doctors may allow you to give some medicine to your ex; I highly recommend that you do what you can to get him to get tested, although when it comes down to it, it's up to him. Not only are infections uncomfortable, but they can spread if untreated and cause even more problems down the road, so that may help convince him. Give him some information about where he can call to make an appointment, that can help, too.

As for what to do right now, I would go to the drugstore and buy a over the counter product like AZO or Uristat. Please note that it will not cure the infection you're experiencing right now, but those are designed for alleviating urinary discomfort and pain before you can get treatment. Also, buying some cranberry supplements from the drugstore is not a bad idea, since they can help with some urinary tract infections, and they won't interfere with other medications.

Drinking more water is good--however, laying off the soda is a good idea. For now, avoid foods that contain caffeiene or are very acidic, because these can increase urinary discomfort.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I should also add that it seems obvious you have a history of not practicing safer sex, all of this given. So, do yourself a big favor and start doing that, to the letter. That means:

- SIX MONTHS of latex barrier use with all partners for oral, anal, vaginal sex, at a minimum, before even considering going without. That means starting from scratch with that with your partner now.
- SIX MONTHS of that practice AND monogamy before considering going without.
- FULL ST I screenings for yourself AND your partner at LEAST once a year, and at least two full and 100% negative screens before considering going without barriers.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heaven08
Neophyte
Member # 13788

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heaven08     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just feel weird that i recently got tested, and was told i was negative. But if my recent boyfriend was told he had chlymidaia and my ex is feeling some type of burning when he urinates then why not me, why didnt i come up positive. The time line wouldnt make sense. As for the herpes, the same clinic who tested me for everything told me i was clean but the only thing i had was Herpes type 1. But if i find out that my test for chlymidia was wrong , im deffinalty going to be a little iffy about them telling me i just have herpes type1, so i hope you can see where i might be a little frustrated. This situation would truly test my faith on testing, at least where i got tested.

Thank you for the list of creams i could use,. i had no idea that they had that. im drinking alot more water now. I guess all i can do it wait. I guess i just needed a few tips. thank you again. i appreciate it.

Posts: 26 | From: Miami, FL USA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Per the timeline, in ANY of the three of you, the Chlamydia could have been present for quite some time, especially considering it sounds like your ex has never had any screenings done.

It's also possible you've got something else entirely. Again, unfortunately, all you can do right now is wait, maybe just in case, start doing that reserahc on other clinics to use, as given the cost of this one, you'll want somewhere new to go in the future anyway. You might also look into low-income general healthcare programs that may be provided by your state.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.