Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Period Changes?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Period Changes?
bommie
Neophyte
Member # 26488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bommie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just recently started having sex with my boyfriend and we've been safe and all. However, I noticed that my period changed a bit. It use to be heavier the 2nd and third day but its more heavy the 1st and much lighter for the rest of my period. I don't think its spotting. It's still about 4 days and quite heavy the first day. My friend told me that sometimes your period changes b/c you started having sex but I dont know. Help?

[This message has been edited by miss_xo (edited 12-18-2005).]

Posts: 8 | From: bklyn,ny | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless pregnancy or an STI developes, intercourse doesn't change your reproductive system in any way.

Through the years, just due to age and hormonal changes and lifestyle issues, your menstrual cycle will often change in small ways, sometimes for just one cycle, sometimes for a longer pattern.

So long as you're having your annual pelvic exams, pap smears and STI screenings each year and everything's fine there, there's no reason for worry. (And that's part of safer sex for the record, in case you aren't doing that, including screenings for him, too: using barriers alone doesn't cut it.)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bommie
Neophyte
Member # 26488

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bommie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much, i've been under alot of stress from work and finals. I just freaked about the change and was concerned about pregnancy. However I dont think my period was light enough for me to be spotting. It's suppose to be very light right?
Posts: 8 | From: bklyn,ny | Registered: Dec 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.