Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » is it posible?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: is it posible?
Why me?
Neophyte
Member # 21674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Why me?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok my girlfreind and I have starded on sex, its about the third time we done it and we starded to talk about oral sex. we were both Virgins so we are starding to speriment. My question is: Can we get Std from oral sex even if it's the first time for the us? We both tested our self of HIV before we didred, since we know than you can get it non sexualy.

Another question:
In curius to know, can you get HIV for kissing someone with HIV?

Posts: 19 | From: San Antonio, Miranda, Venezuela | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ladydexter
Activist
Member # 17567

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ladydexter     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From memory, HIV CAN be spread by saliva, but it's very unlikely - in fact, to contract it, you'd have to have an open sore in your mouth, as saliva is vicious stuff and tends to eat viruses like HIV. If you've tested clear for HIV, you cannot get it from any activity, sexual or non sexual, with each other. HIV is mainly spread through blood.

As for STD + oral sex? Yes, you can. Things like herpes are spread non-sexually. See those coldsores? Those are herpes. Perform oral sex with one of those present and no barrier method (condom/dental dam)? Your partner could get herpes from that.

So have a full STD test and another in six months, if you want to make sure you're clear. Don't think because you're both virgins you don't have anything, as like you said yourself, some are spread non-sexually. Until you've had those tests six months from now, use a condom or dental dam for oral sex. That way, if either or you has something like herpes, you are less likely to pass it on.

Posts: 336 | From: Manchester, UK | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emptyness
Neophyte
Member # 26045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emptyness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I recently had oral sex with my girlfriend (she gave me oral sex, just to clarify) and soon after I started noticing little blotches that looked like acne on my penis. She started complaining about a cold soar the day after (I don't know if it was there or not at the time of the oral sex) I've had acne there before, but now it's kinda itchy and has been for about a week. Is it herpes? Do I have to treat it? Do I have to go see a doctor? I hadn't even considered herpes as a factor until I read this post... now I'm a little worried.
Posts: 19 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes! If you have sores on your penis, the only time you can be checked for herpes is now. I would recommend you see a doctor right away, since we can't know for sure, but your doctor will be able to tell. It sounds possible, especially since cold sore/herpes virus is most contagious right before the sore breaks out (ie: when it's not visible yet) which is why we recommend condoms for oral sex.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Why me?
Neophyte
Member # 21674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Why me?     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Thax for the reply, now i feel safer to know that information, so I should use a condon durin oral sex. I have anoter question could you explain what is the dental dam you mentioned. In from a spanish speaking country so i really don't know what that means, maybe it's hads another name in spanish so i what to know what it is ans well if it's posible how does it look like.

[This message has been edited by Why me? (edited 11-20-2005).]

Posts: 19 | From: San Antonio, Miranda, Venezuela | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ladydexter--
Correction on your post--HIV is not transmitted through saliva. HIV is transmitted not only by blood, but through breast milk, semen, and vaginal fluids.

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You know plastic wrap (or even the material condoms are made out of?) A dental dam is pretty much a thin sheet of plastic that you lay over the vagina during oral sex. You can buy them, or just cut a condom down so it lays flat.
Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, HIV can be transmitted through saliva, but as ladydexeter pointed out, it's not too common.

STI File: Human Immunodeficiency Virus (HIV)

[This message has been edited by LilBlueSmurf (edited 11-20-2005).]

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Why me?
Neophyte
Member # 21674

Breast milk, well thats some new info!!!!!

I have another question, i prefer to post it here than creating a new post so here it goes.

I know that the best way to protect your self from STD is using a condon, and taking a std test, but what else can my girl friend and I do to be safe? She uses a diaphragm and I use a condom when we are doing it, but thats just to not get pregnant. Diaphragms don't protect against STDs, do they?

Ps: I apologize for any mispellings in my writing.

Ps2: this is the part i edited, i forgot to write it
How many STD are ther, how are they all transmmited, what are their symptoms, and which are curable and which are not. Plz reply to my questions i'll be forever thankfull, if you have an articule about it plz post the link, since i have search but i want detailed info about then.

Just editing for grammer/spelling mistakes for readability. It was mostly just typos -Jam

[This message has been edited by Why me? (edited 11-21-2005).]

[This message has been edited by JamsessionVT (edited 11-21-2005).]

JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No, diaphragms don't protect against infection. Condoms are the only method of birthcontrol that do.

Really, if you two have been tested for STD's (that's two tests 6 months apart), and are using condoms for ALL sexual contact (this includes oral sex and anal sex), I'd say you're pretty well off. What else can you do? To decrease chances of infection, don't share razors, toothbrushes, etc. Not that you would, but having partners who haven't been tested is a no-no too.

As for all the STDs, it would take forever to list them all with the information you want. I can't imagine why you haven't found info about them if you searched. But here is a good link:

The Infection Section

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
emptyness
Neophyte
Member # 26045

Icon 1 posted      Profile for emptyness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In response to my last post, the sores went away 3-4 days later. Is there any kind of self-evaluation I can do? Do I really have to go to the gyno What are the negative effects of herpes?
Posts: 19 | From: Canada | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Herpes isn't usually a serious disease, but why do you want to play around with your health by not seeing a doctor? Slef-diagnosis is usually a pretty lousy idea just because the average person doesn't possess the medical knowledge needed to make an accurate one. There are other diseases that have sores as a possible symptom. Why take the risk of becoming seriously ill when you can know now?
emptyness
Neophyte
Member # 26045

There are no gynos near where I am, and my doctor tends to tell my parents everything I tell him. I just don't know what I should do.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.