Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Masturbation, sexuality, argh. WTF mate?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Masturbation, sexuality, argh. WTF mate?
NotApplicable
Neophyte
Member # 26184

Icon 1 posted      Profile for NotApplicable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm extremely uncomfortable with my sexuality(not orientation, but sexuality in general) right now, and this is mostly because I don't feel like I have any positive outlet for it. I am not sexually active, nor do I plan on becoming so, and so the role of venting sexuality falls to masturbation. The problem I have is that I donít enjoy masturbation at all. I climax too quickly, and afterwards I feel almost nothing but regret. I know there are methods to postpone climax, but these seem counterproductive to the very nature of masturbation. It makes me feel like Iím fighting the very sexual urges that Iím trying to appease. So every time I do become aroused by something, I feel slightly forlorn, as I know that the eventual result of that arousal wonít satisfy me like my body would have me think. On top of this, everything I read about orgasms(alone or during sexual activity) makes them seem so enjoyable, special, and personal, which leaves me feeling like Iím missing out on something.

Iím open to advice from staff members, but Iím also hoping to hear from other teens that feel the same way or donít feel the same way. Any thoughts are welcome.

Posts: 13 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Lindsay*Marie
Activist
Member # 26167

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Lindsay*Marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont think there is anythign wrong with that, iw ish that would happen to me...i dont climax or moan or scream or anything quite embarrasing!i would switch places with you anyday
Posts: 40 | From: duluth mn us | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, not everyone thinks orgasm is the be-all end-all. In fact, quite a lot of people prefer everything leading up TO orgasm.

What I might suggest is making even masturbation more whole body and less genital, so you DO have more time to enjoy the whole process.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BusyBee0517
Neophyte
Member # 26191

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BusyBee0517     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I use to feel the same way about masturbating....I would have an orgasm and it would super good but when I come down from it i would feel dirty and guilty....but that is probably because I was raised to believe that the genitals were the "forbidden, dirty place"
Posts: 9 | From: Youngstown, OH | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OMega
Neophyte
Member # 24833

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OMega     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Maybe try becoming more comfortable with your sexuality. I guess that's part of the point of masturbation, but try it in different ways. I used to be pretty uncomfortable with my sexuality, but I tried standing in front of the mirror naked (sounds kinda weird, I know... got the idea from a magazine) and after seeing myself naked, I became much more comfortable with myself, sexuality and all. So maybe something a little more simple will help. Also, try massaging other parts of your body like your calves or feet before masturbation. Just a few suggestions.

[This message has been edited by OMega (edited 11-17-2005).]

Posts: 12 | From: Omaha, Nebraska, USA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.