Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Tampon trouble-pls help!!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tampon trouble-pls help!!
funnimunki
Neophyte
Member # 26111

Icon 1 posted      Profile for funnimunki     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok so I've been using pads for the last say 6 years and I cant say i like them at all. They just feel.. well yukky lol. So I decided to try tampons on a few occasions and to my great frustration I just couldn't get them in. It hurt like hell... whats my problem? I know i'm real tite down there but I seriously wanna be able to use tampons but its just too sore and i cant seem to get the right angle or i dunno hey but the damn things just don't wanna do in! Any advice?

Thanks! ;-)

funnimunki

Posts: 2 | From: South Africa | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to scarleteen!

Tampons can be a bit tricky. You can try different body positions to help get them in. Or, you can use a bit of lubrication if they're really not wanting to go in.

Try laying down on your bed or something of that nature. That might help.

(Also, women aren't "tight". The vaginal canal is really mostly muscle, and is designed to flex, so it can hold a tampon or birth a child. )

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vanilla Citrus
Neophyte
Member # 26127

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vanilla Citrus     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey...well i did have the same problem when i wanted to start using tampons.like you said pads are jsut yukky so what i tried was..first putting some vasiline on the tampon. Then i hoisted one leg up on the toilet and inserted the tampon pushing it back. make sure that you tilt the tampon as far back as you can...i hope that makes sense and if it doesn't sorry. but this really helped for me the first time, and like you i am very tight. good luck with it
Posts: 8 | Registered: Nov 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vaseline is NOT a good idea.

It is NOT designed for internal use.

If one wants to use a lubricant for tampon use -- or other vaginal purposes -- use a lubricant MADE for internal use, such as Astroglide, Liquid Silk, Wet, KY, etc.

But you don't want to be putting petrolatum in your vagina.

(And FYI? There aren't static states of vaginal "tightness." The vagina tightens up when unaroused, or when a person is feeling nervous, etc. But, for the most part, sparing very extended age and possible issues post childbirth, pretty much all vaginas are at about the same resting "tightness.")

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.