Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » crazy period?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: crazy period?
FaKeShAwOn
Neophyte
Member # 25102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FaKeShAwOn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
so.. my periods always comes at least 3-5 days late everytime, thus causing the date of the period to, eventually, move from the 10th to like the 15,th, then the 20th, 25th, 30th, then it gets moved even farther again and starts up at the beginning of the month. and the whole thing happens again.

and my periods always last like more than a week. like 10+ days. how strange. everyone else seems to have their periods start and end normally in about.. a week.

lol im 15, and im not sure if my period is just going crazy cuz im stil going through puberty and it hasnt evened out yet or not.

it doesnt bother me that much, but i still want to know =P

Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarkChild717
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarkChild717     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
The things is your cycle probably will never match up perfectly with the days of the month. The average cycle is 28 days, so there are women with longer and shorter cycles, thus the actual start date of their period varies.

Also, you identified another thing--Teens are rarely regular. Even if they are, they can still randomly start and stop.

Posts: 2789 | From: The Evergreen State | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Are your periods heavy for the full 10 days? If so, you may want to see your doctor about this. Heavy/long periods can lead to anemia down the road (and you'll want to make sure that the heavy/long periods is just due to puberty and not something else).
Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.