Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Something red and "pimple-like" on my penis.

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Something red and "pimple-like" on my penis.
Gamble 22
Member # 25783

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gamble 22     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there, I have a problem. I have a large red thing on my penis. Its a bump-type pimplish thing. I don't know much of any other way to describe it. I have had pimples on my penis in the past and when i get them i usually don't think much of them, however, this new "red thing" seems larger. It may just be a larger pimple, but I don't know.

I haven't had sex in 6 months and are just getting this today. However, i do masturbate alot and have been doing so particularly often lately.

The red spot was small and looked like a pimple, but then i did the stupid thing of squeezing it. Nothing really happened when i squeezed it (No puss came out) so I left it alone. Now its bigger.

I keep reffering to it as a pimple but my point is that I don't think its a pimple. I almost want to take a picture of it.

I would go somewhere but I am still rather young, under the rule of my parents, and i can't think of a way I could visit a doctor without them knowing. (I am 19)

if anyone could help me out, it would be very relieving.


Posts: 1 | From: United States | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 5594

Icon 1 posted      Profile for celery     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It could be a pimple, or it could be an ingrown hair, it could be anything, but we aren't doctors here so we can't really help you out. Definitely refrain from squeezing it any more than you have because there is a possibility of an infection if you do.

Your best bet would be to get to the doctor if you worried about it. You definitely should be honest with your parents, sure it can be embarassing, but these kind of things happen to almost everyone, or you could call and make an appointment yourself, not necessarily telling your parents why because you deserve your own privacy and they don't HAVE to know why your going. You're 19 and you should be taking responsibility for your own health.

If that's really impossible, find a free clinic somewhere and get checked out there so that you won't have to tell your parents if it's really that big of an issue.

Hope I helped

Posts: 1000 | From: Canada | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3