Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » shaving & gyno

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: shaving & gyno
ana81386
Neophyte
Member # 25717

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ana81386     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know I saw a post on this once, but I cant seem to find it anymore.....
Shaving isnt really that big of a deal to a gyno.. is it?
I dont want to go there all nice and shaved and have her say "Oh thats bad and you better not do it anymore..." and hear her go on and on about how I shouldnt shave.
I'm embarassed enough that my sister found my special shaving cream... :-(

Posts: 4 | From: Collierville, TN, USA | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I assure you, it doesn't matter. Gynecologysts see MANY types of vulva and vaginas, some completely bare, some partially shaved, some not shaved at all, and anywhere and everywhere inbetween.

shaving is a personal preference, and a gynecologist wouldn't and shouldn't scold you on that decision

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(They might, however, mention that genital shaving can slightly increase STI risks, namely if you're having sex right after shaving, as tiny abrasions are primo infection sites.)
Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.