Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pregnacy question

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pregnacy question
bobbyflay
Activist
Member # 19955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobbyflay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My girlfriend believes she could be preg. She has about 10 pills left in her pack(give or take a few). We stoped having sex 2 days ago and will not have sex for another month because of distance. I want to know, should she contiue taking her birth control pills and take a pregnacy test 10-14 days after today along with looking for signs, also what are the signs? If you don't mind. Um .. she's also been really stressed for the past week and tonight she felt like throwing up and got chills all of of sudden, should we just wait and check the preg test or whats the deal, thank you!
Posts: 67 | From: Raleigh,NC | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
There are no reliable signs of pregnancy save for giving birth or having a positive pregnancy test. You should know this from all of the questions you have asked. Your girlfriend needs to tahe a home pregnancy test 14 days or later after the last pregnancy risk.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 10-12-2005).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Now, you know, I'm more than a little dismayed to hear that only two days ago did you stop having sex when, for the love of gawd, your girlfriend was recovering from a painful infection in which you were very clearly advised, for her comfort and both of your health, to abstain from sex until her treatment was completed, which you made clear you would do, after being a pushy beastie about trying to find any rationale to continue with sex, also making clear you understood the implications sexual activity had to her health right now. That was not even six days ago.
http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum2/HTML/007483.html

Given she hadn't started it yet at your last post, and given standard treatment for a bacterial infection, that means we can know you didn't heed that advice. Why?

And her symptoms now could be from yet another infection -- far more likely if you have one already you're not fully caring for, including abstaining while you heal -- or the initial infection spreading -- also likely when you don't start treatment right away as advised.

Why is distance what's stopping you here and not her well-being? I cannot express the level of disgust I'm growing over here.

There are no very early symptoms of pregnancy, save a missed period. And if she is on the pill and takes it properly, it is highly unlikely she is pregnant. Treatment for bacterial infection does not generally render BCPs less effective.

I suggest your partner revisit her GP or GYN to have a full checkup, including a pelvic exam, and make sure these symptoms aren't a deepening infection or a new one.

I also suggest you do some serious thinking.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.