Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pain-plz help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pain-plz help
myNAMEisWUT
Neophyte
Member # 25669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for myNAMEisWUT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
lately ive been experiencing pain on the top part of my penis just under the head of it where the foreskin would be (im cercumsized) it feels like chafing would, a kind of burning sensation. Its really bothersome because when i walk around it rubs against my boxers and it really hurts. ive been putting some salve stuff on it (w/ zinc oxide) for about a week but it hasnt done much. today i tried something else, i put some neosporin and covered it with gauze to see if that would help plus stop the pain from rubbing. If anyone has a solution, please tell me-IM DESPERATE! thanks
Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PERVasive
Activist
Member # 25065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PERVasive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Ouch! I'm in pain myself just from reading your post!

No one can really do a diagnosis online, so you should probably go see a doctor. There is no reason you should have to be this uncomfortable. Have you had any STD/STI risks lately? I've occasionally had minor pain of the type you describe when I've been masturbating a lot, but never anything nearly so serious as you seem to have.

------------------
- PERVasive

"Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

Posts: 64 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
myNAMEisWUT
Neophyte
Member # 25669

Icon 1 posted      Profile for myNAMEisWUT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
sorry i probably exaggerated a little bit because im so desperate, im pretty sure its not that serious, i think it might be from like in your case, masturbating...but i have just been concerned because it has been about a week and it doesnt seem much better. i dont know if ive been using the wrong kind of aid (the salve/neosporin) or if i should cover it up so that it doesnt worsen etc. also i was just looking for a solution to help it heal faster, and to know if its possible that its happened 1 too many times and its scarring possibly?

[This message has been edited by myNAMEisWUT (edited 10-08-2005).]

Posts: 3 | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
PERVasive
Activist
Member # 25065

Icon 1 posted      Profile for PERVasive     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I have never used any kind of salve and I've never had an abrasion like that for more than a day or two. Usually I just wash it thoroughly in the shower, and then lay off masturbating as much as I can until it heals (or if I can't resist, just be really gentle ). Maybe you should try not using the salve for a bit and see how it goes. On the other hand, it has been a week, and you say your worried about scarring, so maybe you should see a doctor. There is always the chance it could be infected, too. Whatever you do, don't masturbate until it gets better! (yeah, I know...easier said than done...) Good luck!

------------------
- PERVasive

"Don't let your schooling get in the way of your education." - Mark Twain

Posts: 64 | From: Boston, MA | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Neosporin makes clear it's only for use on skin, not anything internal, or membrane such as genital tissue.

Better bet? Loose clothing, possibly some gentle, organic aloe vera gel (NOT the sort with additives like alchohol), washing with warm water rather than soap while you heal. And if in a few days you are still very uncomfortable, then as suggested, time to see your doctor.

Posts: 67046 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
myNAMEisWUT
Neophyte
Member # 25669

well today i havent really felt anything as bad as normal so i think it might be getting better...im almost 100% sure its chafing tho cuz its like red where the irritation is, not like welts or anything. hopefully its not really serious...thnx for all the suggestions tho...hope its better soon

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.