Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » orgasm from intercourse alone?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: orgasm from intercourse alone?
Kisses Me Pink
Activist
Member # 24198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm one of those people who simply gets no sexual pleasure out of any sort of clitoris stimulation. I love it when my boyfriend focuses on my g-spot, however I've heard that getting an orgasm from intercourse or generally without any clitoral stimulation. That freaks me out in thinking, maybe I'll never have an orgasm.

Needless to say, I've never had an orgasm before. Intercourse by itself feels really great, but I don't think I've ever even come close to an orgasm, and believe me that's definitely not at all what I'm thinking about during the act.

I don't actually know what exactly my question is...so yeah. Comments on my situation would be neat.

Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Guess what? The G-spot is also called the clitoral sponge sometimes for a reason: it's all connected. So, if you enjoy direct g-spot stimulus, you do also enjoy clitoral stimulation. The clitoris extends inside the body: the hood and the head and are not all there is.

We say this plenty, but thing is, what happens when it is just YOU, on your own? Often, that's a far better way to learn about your own sexual response and orgasm.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Kisses Me Pink
Activist
Member # 24198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Kisses Me Pink     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Truthfully, I've only masturbated maybe once or twice. I really don't find any pleasure in it. And it's not that I find any shame in it or anything like that...it's just not an activity I like to participate in. Like it literally turns me off. If that makes any sense at all...
Posts: 70 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, then it might be worth thinking about why: certainly a given form of masturbation isn't for everyone, but if, basically, engaging yourself in sensual activities by yourself -- altogether, if your own sexuality solo -- is a big turnoff, that's generally a very big obstance to orgasm.

In other words, okay, let's say that genital masturbation isn't your thing, maybe yet, maybe period. But what about self-massage? What about, say, dancing? Hot baths?

This perhaps sounds corny, but the point is this: if your body and your sexuality -- all by themselves, without someone else's body and sexuality - are an ick, chances are good that orgasm isn't going to happen, for a lot of reasons. In partnered sex, half the turnon is you, if you can follow that. So if you're a turnoff to yourself, already you're walking in with the door pretty closed to sexual enjoyment and orgasm.

Heck, even with a partner, often a big part of exploring our sexual response with them is going to involve us toughing ourselves, exploring ourselves.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

(I also just went through your post history for a bit, and noticed you appear to be dealing with some depression lately.

That's also a BIG arousal and orgasm inhibitor. So, for the record, can hormonal birth control methods be, and I see you're on those, too. So, all of this stuff combined most certainly puts you in a position to have difficulties acheving both high levels of arousal and orgasm.)

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 10-07-2005).]

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.