Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

  next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » scared!

 - UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: scared!
Member # 24461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skittles123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and I were messing around today and things went a little bit too far... we didnt have a condom and he came into me but for like 3 seconds and then he took it out! then we tried different positions and we always checked for precum and wiped it off everytime he came in me and afterwards each time he came in me was for about 5 seconds then he would take it out. then we stopped! it felt really good and it was our 1st time doing that without a condom and we're a bit scared now! my period is suppose to come in about a week so we got even more scared b/c wat if i was ovulating and not even that but that could increase my chances. What are the chances i can be preagant? What should i do? Do ecs require information about myself or can i just go the local clinic and ask for them? well i need advice reply soon! thanx
Posts: 19 | From: Union City, NJ, U.S. | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If he ejaculated in you, you absolutely have a very high pregnancy risk. It doesn't matter is he pulled out eventually, you still had unprotected sex.

You will be want to get emergency contraception ASAP (within 120 hours of the risk, or the next 5 days, but the sooner the better). I looked and I did not find any registered EC providers in your area, however there are several around you that you may go to. For cost, places like Planned Parenthood use a sliding scale to determine that, however it may vary depending on where you go. (Usually, you will find it anywhere from $15 and up)

For your own good, please please PLEASE use condoms, and don't have intercourse or participate in any sexual activity unless you do.

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 24461

Icon 1 posted      Profile for skittles123     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
where can i get emeregency contraceptives? i dont know where to go. i dont want to register and i dont wnat my parents to find out. wat can i do?

Posts: 19 | From: Union City, NJ, U.S. | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Unless EC is available over the counter in New Jersey (you can call your local pharmacy and ask), i think you'll have to, at the very least, tell whoever you go your name.

EC is usually available through clinics like Planned Parenthood, doctors offices, and the emergency department of hospitals. You can find a list of Planned Parenthoods in NJ here.

Unfortuneatly, unless you and your partner can come up with the money for the doctors visit and EC yourselves, you may have to tell your parents.

If you find that you can't afford regular sexual healthcare yourselves (annual exams, contraception, etc) and have a little extra money for emergencies (infections, EC, etc), you may want to re-evaluate your readiness for intercourse.

Emergency Contraception
Ready or Not? The Readiness Checklist

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Bear in mind you two have also had STI risks, so you will both want to schdule a full screening about a month from now AND be a whole lot smarter in the future. When you don't have what you need to have sex safely and responsibly, you simply wait for high-risk activities until you do: it's really very easy.

EC isn't OTC anywhere in the U.S. so yes, you'll need to obtain it via a clinic or by calling you regular family doc or GYN and asking for a prescription.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

  New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.

Powered by UBB.classic™ 6.7.3