Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » 'Nother question...girl/girl sex?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: 'Nother question...girl/girl sex?
ILoveRyanSeacrest29
Activist
Member # 22226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILoveRyanSeacrest29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, I'm just full of questions lately. lol And this seems like a good place to ask 'em.

So...(And I'm not wondering about technique or anything, because I know that's against the rules.)...how would two girls have sex? Okay, yeah that sounds like I'm asking for technique...Hold on, let me explain. I remember hearing somewhere about a girl losing her virginity to another girl, and I just never understood how that could be. I mean, yeah, two girls could finger each other and/or eat each other out, but isn't that is far as it could go then? Seeing as neither one has a penis? And then there's girls that say they've had sex with other girls, but what would that all entail? Because, granted fingering/eating out is a form of sex, but it's just not sex, intercourse. Or is it? Or do I have no clue what I'm talking about? Or, is it one of those type of things that you'd only know for sure after the fact? Like you just spent time together with another girl, eating each other out, feeling around, cuddling, and then it suddenly hits you, like "I just had sex with a girl."??

Help please?

------------------
~"And the wonder of it all...is that you don't realize how much I really love you."~

Posts: 52 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How do ANY two people have sex?

In other words, unless you assume that ONLY penis-in-vagina intercourse is sex, which is silly, especially since for most heterosexual people with satisfying sex lives, it's hardly the only kind of sex they're having. For plenty, they'll "have sex" even regularly without intercourse, even when they've had intercourse many times in their lives. It's also a silly thing to assume/presume since sex is whole body, not merely genital. What's more, heterosexual intercourse doesn't even deeply engage the only organ on BOTH the male and female body whose only purpose is sexual pleasure, the clitoris.

(Might want to notice, too, that by your defintion, apparently, only when a penis is involved is something "sex," since you didn't ask about men having sex with men. And that's a pretty darned sexist and phallocentric defintion, as well as one which ignores that just like for women, for men, their WHOLE bodies can be sexual organs, not just their penises.)

Really, what "had sex" means in the most accurate sense is when two or more people have set to seek out sexual pleasure together via physical intimacy and have found it in whatever it was they did. And any other defintion tends to be incredibly flawed for a whole lot of reasons, whether someone is same-sex or opposite-sex partnered. And what most women mean when they say they had sex for the first time with another woman -- and what plenty of people mean when they say they did with someone opposite-sex, for that matter -- usually means just that, whether or not the actual activities were oral sex, manual sex, strap-on sex with a dildo, dry sex, what have you.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ILoveRyanSeacrest29
Activist
Member # 22226

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ILoveRyanSeacrest29     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
"(Might want to notice, too, that by your defintion, apparently, only when a penis is involved is something "sex," since you didn't ask about men having sex with men. And that's a pretty darned sexist and phallocentric defintion, as well as one which ignores that just like for women, for men, their WHOLE bodies can be sexual organs, not just their penises.)"

I'm really sorry. I didn't mean to seem sexist in any way, shape, or form. I just wasn't sure if I was missing something or...I just didn't understand. That's why I asked. I wasn't wondering about male/male sex, so I left that out, hoping I'd be easier understood if I just stuck to what I was hoping to find out. Sorry.

I knew that when two men would have "sex", it could be anal sex. But I was just confused as to what it would be called when two girls would have "sex" seeing as they couldn't really have "intercourse" or "anal sex". I hope that makes some sense now. Maybe?

Thank you for your explaination though. That's kind of what I figured, but I wasn't sure, which, again, is why I asked. It did help me understand it better. Honestly, you should teach my health class because everyone might actually learn something that way. All we ever talked about was "use protection" and it was only the general idea that there was one male and one female during the act. Where I live isn't very open on gay/lesbian relationships so we never covered it.

------------------
~"And the wonder of it all...is that you don't realize how much I really love you."~

Posts: 52 | From: U.S.A. | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Don't be sorry, seriously: I wasn't smacking you down, I was simply putting it out ther for you to examine, because very few people ever really think about how sexist it is -- and how very much it can serv to make women passive in sex, rather than active participants -- when "real sex" is defined by penises.

quote:
I knew that when two men would have "sex", it could be anal sex.

Well, it CAN be, but gain, ike anyone else, it isn't always. And plenty of men partnered with men have sex without engaging in anal sex at all.

And women CAN (and many do) have vaginal or anal intercourse with other women (and save differences in styles per speed and such, it earnestly feels pretty much the same as either activity with a man), either with hands or a sex toy (manually) or by using a dildo in a harness.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
ANSWERS
Neophyte
Member # 25680

Icon 1 posted      Profile for ANSWERS     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its simple, 2 women can have SEX, but i see it wrong.
Posts: 4 | From: South Carolina | Registered: Oct 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Maybe you need glasses.

(Homophobia, for the record? Not okay here.)

Mophead
Activist
Member # 7

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mophead     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by Miz Scarlet:
Maybe you need glasses.

(Homophobia, for the record? Not okay here.)

What helps me is to squint a little until I see it right.

Posts: 752 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.