Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Blood/burning after sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Blood/burning after sex
bobbyflay
Activist
Member # 19955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobbyflay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've been on birth control for two and half months taking it religiously at the same time daily. Me and my boyfriend have monogamos unpretected sex only relying on birth control pill. We have had two STI tests six months apart and we are clean. I also was diagnosed with a bacterial infection due to a past yeast infection, but i have not started taking the antibiotics because of the risk of lessoning the effects of birth control. This past month I missed my period/withdrawl bleed, so i took two pregnancy tests and they came backnegative. Recently we had sex after him being gone a while and after the first time of having sex i had severe burning and had a little bit of blood discharge. The second time we had sex there was a little burning but it seemed to be more blood. Also when i urinate it burns also. We are going to continue to have sex and see what else happens and then consult our doctor. Please, if you have anymmore info let me know.

Thank you

Posts: 67 | From: Raleigh,NC | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Okay, first of all, do NOT put off treating your infection. That's just foolish.

It's also foolish to be having sex, especially sans condom and other barriers, with a partner while you have an infection, because he could wind up with a bacterial infection from you himself (bacetrial infections ARE STUIs, for the record, as they can be sexually transmitted and often are, so technically your STI status right now is anything but negative) AND you open yourself up to a greater risk of another infection. Of course you're having pain and bleeding: your vagina is massively irriated from an untreated infection. Sex isn't what it needs right now.

So, do NOT continue to have sex and "see what happens." That's just kookoo. Take the medication that was prescribed to you (now), and chill out on partnered sex until you are done with the treatment. If after your treatment you are still having any discomfort, see your doctor immediately, as -- especially given you blew off treating an onfection as soon as you got it -- the infection may have spread and/or need further treatment.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobbyflay
Activist
Member # 19955

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bobbyflay     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well do you think he should goto the doctor and see if he has an infection. and what are signs that he does, second, is it ok to have sex with a condom or do you think cutting it out completely is the best thing do to. ALso should she continue taking her birth control plus the ampicillin for infection until finshed and was there any reason why she didnt get her period lastmonth and will this ampicillin when she starts to take it now effect that also. thank you very much!
Posts: 67 | From: Raleigh,NC | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As I said, vaginal entry and penetration -- even other stimulation, but certainly that -- is going to irritate vaginal tissue even more than it already is. Besides that, chances are very good intercourse isn't even comfortable for a woman with an infction (and burning and bleeding make it clear it isn't), let alone pleasurable, because of the irritation, so why would you insist on still trying to engage in it at all?

Again: take a break. And again, yes, yes and yes, medication needs be taken now and taken until it is finished. Yes, BCPs should also continue to be taken.

Your pronouns are confusing the heck out of me: you keep saying "she" and "he." So, I'm sitting here looking at your post history and am severely confused, because you appear to be male, not female. What the heck is going on here?

(And do understand that when you registered, you agreed not to post any fraudulent information, such as falsely identifying yourself.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bobbyflay
Activist
Member # 19955

Sorry about the he and she thing, she was in the room when i was typeing it and i got confused when i was typeing because she was telling me what to type on some things, but as far as sex she said that it isnt painful for her soo if it isn't painful for her would it still be ok to engane in that so long as it isnt harmful to me. thank you
Heather
Member # 3

Henceforth, she needs to only post with her OWN username.

Let me be frank: burning isn't pleasant. That's stating the obvious. And if she's bleeding, it means she has an abrasion. That isn't pleasant either. So, it's a pile of rubbish to state she's feeling just fine when she is reporting burning -- one incident she even stated was severe -- and bleeding, during or after. Sex is not merely supposed to be not-painful for everyone involved, it is supposed to feel very GOOD. Burning and bleeding do not feel good.

So, once more with feeling: NO. It is NOT okay. It puts you at risk of infection, it puts her at further risk of another infection and more irritation, and it sets her up for the infection she currently has to take even longer to heal, which leaves her immune system compromised for longer than it has been already.

You've got two hands, bub, that I'm sure, like all the rest of us, you use for your own sexual pleasure all the time. Now is no exception. If she feels her libido wanting, she, too, can masturbate (though she'll likely want to do so with extra lubricant and gloves for her comfort).

And from here on out, sounds pretty clear that sexual health really needs to be put first here. If she's had multiple infections, and has put off treatment for at least one, is engaging in sex (especially without safer sex barriers like condoms) when she's got an infection, and you're pressing on to do so, you need to reorder your priorities, because the ones you have right now are at the very least contirbuting to at least one, and possibly both, of you being unwell.

You expressed n a post once that you thought people dismissing health and STI concerns by lack of safety and lifestyle choices was pretty sad, but I hear you wanting to do the same yourself. If your girlfriend was down with the flu, I doubt either of you would be trying to get her to run a marathon: same thing goes for trying to push sex when someone has an infection.

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 10-06-2005).]

bobbyflay
Activist
Member # 19955

haha I hear ya, thanks for the sense of humor. Just for information me and my girlfriend have listen to you very carefuly and are taken the steps youve provided. The only thing i really want to know is that can i get an infrection or what signs will i have if i do get an infection from her. Thank you and she is now taken her antibio. and bcp like you've said and hopefully she will get though this with your advice, i really thank you.
Heather
Member # 3

Well, if you're listening, there won't be a sitch where you are getting an infection from her now, because you won't be engaging in sex with her until she's treated and healed and her doc has verified she's all clear of the infections.

As to whether or not you've gotten one already, you may have no symptoms at all, or you may experience similar burning or swelling that she has, possibly itching or redness on or around the penis, anus and/or scrotum. Unusual penile discharges can also occur. But ultimately, since you know you've put yourselves at risk, and state you get STI screens regularly anyhow, it would simply be wise for both of you to set up appt's for another full screening in about a month.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.