Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » spotting.

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: spotting.
anaya07
Neophyte
Member # 24028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anaya07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
How would I know if I am spotting or having my period? I had it were my period for 3 p days, then stoped for like a few hours and started back up slowly.
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you've had anything resembling a normal period, it's unlikely that it's just spotting. Spotting is just that, light and only usually requiring the use of a light pad.

Periods can be irregular, and they can have patterns like you described where you'll stop having discharge for a day and then the discharge continues again the next. That's just how your body happens to be dispelling the menstrual fluids.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anaya07
Neophyte
Member # 24028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anaya07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can you be pregnant and have spotting?
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Someone women experience what is know as "implantation bleeding" and can mistake it for a very light period. However it usually only lasts 1 or 2 days and is very scant.
Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anaya07
Neophyte
Member # 24028

I have never had this happen before so what exactly is Implantion Bleeding?
I had it were I was like two days of solid period and now a light red color on and off for a couple of days

dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Implantation bleeding is going to be quite light, so having even ONE day with flow resembling a normal period is NOT going to be that.

I'd say you have nothing to worry about.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.