Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Sex in lake or hot tub

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Sex in lake or hot tub
Member # 25456

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HurricaneRita     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What are the dangers (if any) of having sex in a lake, and having sex in a hot tub?

Posts: 1 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 23441

Icon 1 posted      Profile for watermongoose15     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Umm yeah having sex in a lake just might not be the best idea theres so many germs in those thing theres animals and stuff your not just going for a little swim your exposing yourself to a world full of infections. the bath tub ehh if its your bath tub not a public one its fine but the public one now way that a breeding ground for infection 2

Give Peace A Chance
-John Lennon
War is Over if you want it
-John Lennon
Make Love not War
-John Lennon

Posts: 60 | From: Bonita, California, United States | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Member # 25407

Icon 1 posted      Profile for toonses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm no expert, but I think there can be danger of infection from bacteria entering your vagina (and possibly getting pushed up into the uteris). I suspect the danger is greater in a hot tub for two reasons. One, the heat makes them breeding grounds for bacteria, and two, the chlorine they put in to try and control the bacteria levels will probably cause irritation, making you more susceptible. Of course if we're talking a lake like in FL where it's warm, or a lake that has a lot of sediments or dissolved organic matter in it, or a lake low inflow/outflow rate, then the risk of infection probably becomes more even. In a warm climate you probably also have the added risk of alligators and water moccasins.

However, like I said, I am not an expert and I have not researched this question so I could be wrong.

[This message has been edited by toonses (edited 09-22-2005).]

Posts: 11 | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5822

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Pumpkin_Pie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Psst - if you try our board search function, you'll find that there have been a whole bunch of threads about this, e.g. :

[This message has been edited by Slayer_gurl (edited 09-22-2005).]

Posts: 896 | From: Europe | Registered: Nov 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.