Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » EC, please help

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: EC, please help
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kindascared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, i explained my situation in an earlier post, and said taht i was having brownish discharge, which i had last month, and it was nothing, i got my period as usual. well, that was only one time yesterday. i just went to the bathroom and when i wiped myself, there was a spot of red blood. My period is not due for seven days, but i have been cramping. I have read so much about implantation bleeding that i am really freaked out. my boyfrien and i fooled around about 4:00 in the morning on sunday. It is now MOnday evening. Is there any need for EC? i read in a post somewhere where a girls situation was somewhat like mine, and Miz Scarlet said taht her risk wsa slight enoungh where she didnt need EC, because the birth control was more effective than the EC was. The nearest planned parenthood is a good 3 hours away. What do I do? Why do i see blood when i wipe myself? Is there ant other way to get EC? Please give me some advice!
Posts: 127 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kindascared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Please respond, im not trying to rush, i know yall work on a volenteer basis, but if i need EC, then my time is running out. I called a clinic earlier, and the doctor told told me that EC was unnecessary, because my birth control would protect me. Is that what yall think, or no?
Posts: 127 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I'm glad you called up a doctor. I would take their word on it - after all they do have a lot of training. So it sounds like EC is probably not the step you need to take.

In the meantime, try and relax and not focus on the thought of pregnancy. I don't know why you're seeing blood now - did you ask the doctor about that as well? If you continue to be worried or if you do not have the usual withdrawl bleed that you usually do, take a pregnancy test (10-15 days after you had the risk).

------------------
There's some tomatoes Chemically engineered - They come out square to fit in boxes.

There's some people chemically engineered -
They come out square
to fit in boxes. -Dan Bern

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You would not be experieincing implantation bleeding from a pregnancy risk you had Sunday morning, regardless if you're going to actually become pregnant or not.

On that note, anyway, it doesn't sound like you've even had an actual pregnancy risk from what you described in your other topic.

The spotting you're seeing could be anything from random midcycle spotting, to some leftover blood from a small abrasion from penetration from your risk.

EC is really pointless in this situation. So don't stress about it. You could ask your gynecologist about the spotting if it worries you, and if your withdrawl bleed doesn't come during your off week, you can take a pregnancy test to check just in case. But I'd say you're worrying for nothing.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Ok, then. Thanks a bunch for being there for me when i needed it

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.