Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » risk?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: risk?
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kindascared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend and i fooled around last weekend. I am on orthotricylen and have been for the past three years. We had sex for a minute at the most and he did not cum inside me, he came an hour or so later during oral sex. My periods are very regular and i have had a consistent 28 day cycle for at least two years. this would have happened on day 17. This morning, i kinda had a light brown bloody discharge and had light period-type cramps, even though my period is not due for another 8 days. Whats going on and what are my pregnancy risks?
Posts: 127 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Assuming that you've been taking the pill correctly (every day at about the same time each day) then you shouldn't have a pregnancy risk. Taken correctly the pill is 99%+ effective for preventing pregnancy. So don't worry about that.

You do have an STD risk from having sex without a condom, so you and your partner should both get tested. Two tests each, six months apart, and a long term monogamous relationship and you can consider you and your partner pretty much clean. If you don't need this lecture, that's okay, I still like to give it.

As for what is causing your symptoms, I don't know. The brown color suggests that it was old blood that perhaps just sloughed off early. And the cramps could be anything - just disagreable food perhaps. But if you continue to have bloody discharge when it's not your placebo week, you should see your doctor.

------------------
There's some tomatoes Chemically engineered - They come out square to fit in boxes.

There's some people chemically engineered -
They come out square
to fit in boxes. -Dan Bern

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kindascared     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I do usually take it within an hour or so of each other every day, around 8-8:30 in the morning. But i was late in gettinh my prescription filled and missed one pill. I did take the missed pill on that monday, along with Monday's pill, so it really wasnt missed, just late. Does trhis change anything or am i still protected?
Posts: 127 | From: Louisiana | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

I do usually take it within an hour or so of each other every day, around 8-8:30 in the morning. But i was late in gettinh my prescription filled and missed one pill. I did take the missed pill on that monday, along with Monday's pill, so it really wasnt missed, just late. Does trhis change anything or am i still protected?
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And you fooled around the following weekend? I think that the risk should still be rather minimal. If you are still worried you can always take a pregnancy test 10-15 days after it happened.

------------------
There's some tomatoes Chemically engineered - They come out square to fit in boxes.

There's some people chemically engineered -
They come out square
to fit in boxes. -Dan Bern

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kindascared
Activist
Member # 24729

Mo, this was not the following weekend. I started my new pill pack on September 5, was supposed to start on the fourth. I took two pills on the 5th, and the incident happened on September 18th. I dont know if that changes anything, but i hope that i was more protected then! Does that help?

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.