Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » The Pill

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: The Pill
Mysteriouspoet91
Neophyte
Member # 23015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysteriouspoet91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does anyone know about how much Planned Parenthood charges for the pill when your a high school student? I went to the site and clicked on the cost calculator and its temporary unavaliable.
Posts: 7 | From: Rockland, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know the prices exactly but I can give you some speculation about what they might be:

Going through a normal pharmacy is usually about a $15 copay for a generic with insurance (this is using my own numbers from what I pay).

Planned Parenthood charges on a sliding scale, which means if you do not have insurance (or are a minor on a parent's insurance and want the service to be confidential from them) you will pay a lower rate than someone who has some insurance coverage or someone who has a substanitally higher income than a student.

I think clinics such as Planned Parenthood will usually charge you for birth control what you would theoretically be paying going through a pharmacy with insurance, so you'd be looking at about $15 a pack.

This may be slightly lower or higher, though, depending on your needs and the clinic.

So your best bet is to look up their number and call them and ask them directly. It'll be fairly easy and quick to do and you'll get an accurate response rather than an estimate.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Mysteriouspoet91
Neophyte
Member # 23015

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Mysteriouspoet91     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks
Posts: 7 | From: Rockland, Massachusetts, USA | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.