Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Penis enlargements?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Penis enlargements?
Vypasbie
Neophyte
Member # 24273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vypasbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just wondering if anybody knows anything about these supposed penis enlargement pills or patches that they advertise through the internet. Several objective, non-partisan web-sites make it seems like they can and mostly likely will work. Just wondering if anybody has some personal experience with these products or know somebody who has.
BTW,It's not that I really have anything to compensate for, just a thought an extra inch or two would make the ladies love me more.
Any help, would be appreciated.

------------------
Does the fact that I'm trying to do it for you do it for you?

[This message has been edited by Vypasbie (edited 07-09-2005).]

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry to not be answering your question directly, but you're completely with the wrong ladies if you think an extra inch or two is going to make any sort of difference other than making sex more uncomfortable, not better.

Really. Size does not matter.

The way to please a woman? Well other than talking to her and finding out what pleases her most? Those extra inches aren't going to be doign a whole lot, considering most of what stimulates a woman sexually exists outside the vagina or one-two inches down at most. The vagina is only about 4-6 inches deep, anyway, and most women find it incredibly painful to have their cervix bumped, which extra length can do since it's easier to go the full depth of the vagina that way.

And personally I think any drugs or "amazing herbal supplements" are going to be a waste of your money and are possibly unhealthy, anyway.

So? Get those thoughts out of your head because that size you'd potentially get, IF the stuff even worked isn't going to do anything for any love or pleasure you'd be getting from ladies. As for appearance, you're greatly mkistaken if you think we're all that shallow.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vypasbie
Neophyte
Member # 24273

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Vypasbie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know how old you are dalicious, but I'd venture a guess that you are fairly older than the women I hang around with (I'm 20)? And I hate to say you're wrong but you kind of are. I agree that it shouldn't matter and to some women my age size probably doesn't matter. But there are other more materialistic, image-is-everything, women that penis size does matter to. I don't dispute you that size doesn't matter as far as sexual pleasure is concerned, in fact like you said being too big can become a problem. I hate to say it, but a lot of young woman want to be with a man with a large penis. You can dispute it, disagree with it, upbraid me for saying it but its the truth. And I'd hope that as thses women become older and more mature their perspective shifts on this issue. But as of right now, bigger is better to a lot of women.

------------------

Posts: 11 | Registered: Jul 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It may be the truth, but why would you want to be with a woman who is "materialistic, image-is-everything" and cares so damn much about your penis? Wouldn't you rather develop a relationship with a girl with a little more depth than that?
Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vypasbie
Neophyte
Member # 24273

Because I'm 20.

But seriously, I would like to add a little beef to the package not only on behalf of the ladies, but also to help boost my own image. I know the average penis size is about 5.5" to 6" and I compare favorably, but as a man you're always self-concious and constantly want to measure up to the next guy. So even if I conceded that all women don't care about size, I still do. And it is that self-concsiousness that prompted me to pose the question.

Edit: Wow can't believe no one caught that about penis sizes.
[This message has been edited by Vypasbie (edited 07-09-2005).]

[This message has been edited by Vypasbie (edited 07-10-2005).]

dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, I'm 18.

I do understand that there are women who do go by appearance, who will judge based on that and believe it is key to better sex... but it just isn't... my personal opinions on sex and sexual relationships also may play into my opinion on your situation, though, so I apologize for bringing that bias in.

And as far as self-concious issues go, a lot of times they go deeper than something appaerance can fix. I'd be hard pressed to believe the millions of women who get breast implants and plastic surgery don't still have self confidence issues once their breasts and faces are more attractive.

Or who knows, I could be one of the more open-minded, less worrisome sexual girls out there... or one who just finds really large penises something I want to keep away from my vagina.

So, I'll be a bit more helpful to your original topic, or try to the best of my abilities:

If you do want to go the enlargement route...

Be wary of drugs, know the ingredients inside them and do your research; if you can't find all the ingrediants and what they're meant for, don't bargain your health with potential penis growth. Also, talking to a doctor might not be a terrible idea.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
morganlh85
Activist
Member # 785

Icon 1 posted      Profile for morganlh85     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, when it comes to drugs sold online remember this; if it actually worked and was reputable, they would have had it approved by the FDA and sold by prescription because they'd make a ton more money that way and get a lot more publicity. So basically anything you buy online is probably a bunch of bullshit.
Posts: 304 | From: Pittsburgh PA | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
HumanTornado
Activist
Member # 23519

Icon 1 posted      Profile for HumanTornado     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Here's the result of a little informal poll amongst my friends (who are between 18 and 20): Size does not matter. At all. Basically, as mentioned above, most of the stuff we like has little or nothing to do with the penis, so we really couldn't care less how big it is.

Are there girls out there who do care? Yes. But as you said, they're likely to be a bit on the shallow side. Why in heaven's name would you want to go out of your way to impress someone like that when you can have someone more down-to-earth who likes you for who you are?

Posts: 51 | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ultimately, this whole thing is moot, ands the back and forth arguments as to what heterosexual women do or don't think, and what will or won't make them "love men more" about penises are arbitrary and subjective (and more than a little offensive, in all honesty).

Why?

Because save two surgical procedures -- both of which have amazing pitfalls, and only change appearance, not function -- none of this stuff works.

So, the penis size you've got is the one you've got, period. You can toss away scads of money trying to change it if you want, but ultimately, you're going to have to learn to accept your penis as-is.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
icygirl88
Activist
Member # 23887

Icon 1 posted      Profile for icygirl88     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What IS THIS with guys and their penis sizes? The Truth: MOST GIRLS DON'T CARE. If they judge you by penis size, not only are they extremely shallow but they probably learned this behavior from GUYS who judge each other by penis size.

[[To tell you the truth, if a penis is really long, it can hit the cervix more easily and hurt the girl a lot during vaginal sex.]]

If you take some freaking weird internet drug to boost your size, not only will it not work and possibly have nasty side effects, but you also will be an IDIOT for having paid for and tried such things. USE YOUR BRAIN PLEASE.

Posts: 72 | From: massachusetts | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Vypasbie
Neophyte
Member # 24273

Dalicious - Wow I feel stupid. Well I may say that you are a very mature 18.
MizScarlet - Do you know that they don't work for a fact or have you heard that they just don't work? What is your source?

Thanks for all the replies.

------------------

[This message has been edited by Vypasbie (edited 07-10-2005).]

KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Vypasbie,

Speak to any health care provider who is NOT being paid by one of these companies and who has a genuine degree and you will find that they don't work. A few added citations:

Bolton, J.F. (2005). Penis enlargements. British Medical Journal, 330(7486), 280.

Angwin, J. (2003). Some 'enlargement' pills pack impurities. Wall Street Journal - Eastern Edition, 242(31), B1-2.

Reid, B., & Stieg, B. (2003). Truth, stretched. Men's Health, 18(2), 58.

(2003). Big on the internet. University of California Wellness Letter, 19(11), 2-4.

Lee, P.A., & Reiter, E.O. (2002). Genital size: A common adolecent male concern. Adolecent Medicine, 13(1), 171-180.
http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/drugs/2002-04-18-enzyte.htm

(You're only getting a few citations because I don't have time right now to do extensive research as I am currently firmly embroiled trying to finish my master's thesis.) If you'd like to do more research, I'd suggest calling urologists in your area or asking your own physician. Or you should head to your local university medical library. Google doesn't turn up too much useful when it comes to this topic - most of what you find there IS biased.

There have also been several law suits against manufacturers of these products for "natural enhancement" in recent years. I work in health care (as do several of our other staff members), and I can honestly say I have never heard a physician endorse one of these products. Nevermind the fact that there have been indications that they can be dangerous because they are NOT regulated and can interact with other medications or conditions. Most of the websites for these products state that they are "doctor approved" but never actually cite a specific medical professional whose credientials you COULD verify. The one "endorsement letter" that I could find while perusing several of these sites came from a doctor of psychology, not a urologist or other M.D. And really, let's be honest here, IF these products really worked, don't you think that the big drug companies and physicians would be buying them up and selling them out the wazoo?

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may also want to consider whether or not those women you know who "claim" to prefer a larger penis REALLY mean that. There is also societal pressure on women to hop on the bandwagon and endorse the "bigger is better" rule. In all reality, there are not that many nerve endings in the vaginal canal, so there's only so much that one can feel. And the vaginal canal is only so long, so only so much can fit in there anyway. I have no doubt that there are plenty of ladies who run around saying, "oh, oh yeah, bigger is definately better." But you have to ask yourself what they're referring to as "big" and what they're comparing to arrive at as a measure of "big". Really, there have been studies indicating that people routinely lie about the number of sexual partners they have had (inflating the numbers), so how many penises have they seen that makes then qualified to make a decision about size being important? Just something to think about.

Really, the crux of this discussion is that there has been NO indication that the ingredients in these products produce any real or lasting results. Furthermore, the products may not have been produced in reputable environments. They may interact with other medications being taken by individual. They may aggrivate other conditions that an individual has. If you want to spend your money and possibly endanger your health, then go right ahead and try whatever product suits your fancy. I have no problem with natural or herbal remedies. They have helped people in the past and even now when they are utilized safely and correctly by people who have carefully studied the results. But, most of the people who sell enlargement pills and the like on the internet are nothing more than snake-oil salesmen, out to make a quick buck. And they do make millions a year off people who buy their unregulated, thrown together willy-nilly products (note that you'll find FEW if any reputible herbalists who are pulling down millions a year, might do well to consider why). The likelihood is that you won't get the results you want and may end up with some that you don't want (case in point, some natural weight loss supplements have led to high blood pressure and heart problems for the individuals using them). You'd really just be better off to spend your time and energy working on your own self esteem. Changing one's body rarely truly makes one happy. Better to learn to be happy with the body you have and NOT to compare yourself to others.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

[This message has been edited by KittenGoddess (edited 07-11-2005).]

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Know what?

First of all, this agent you're listing, Extagen, does not have the capacity to cause permanent growth (or even temproary) of the penis at all, let alone by two inches.

Here's what's in it: L-Arginine, Yohimbe Extract (Pausinystalia yohimba)(bark), Maca Extract (Lepidium meyenii) (root), Catuaba, Muira Puama (aerial), Nettle (leaf), American Ginseng, Korean Ginseng, Siberian Ginseng, Zinc (oxide) Gluconate-200% DV

L-Arginine is a simple amino acid in protein-rich foods. It can help circulation, but it doesn't grow tissue or skin. Ginsengs are just energy enhancers and male hormone toners. Gluconate is a salt. Zinc is found in every mutivitamin made. None of the simple herbs listed have the power to grow tissue.

In order for permanent growth of the penis to occur from a pill or agent, the pill or agent would have to be able to literally grow tissue and ligaments. If we had any of those things available in medical science, I assure you, they would have been used for people with mutilated limbs by now, at the very least. This is a farce.

Chances are your penis grew on it's own: younger men often forget that puberty starts later and goes on longer for men than for women.

So, if you want to toss money away, hey, go right ahead. Nothing in those pills appears to be unsafe, but nothing in them also is anything one wouldn't get in a basic asian diet.

Know what else? A longer penis doesn't make any difference to nearly all heterosexual or bisexual women, since back in the vaginal canal, there aren't enough nerve endings for it to matter: the sensitive part of the vagina is in the first few inches of it, and the clitoris -- outside the vagina -- is far more sensitive than that. Even for women who care about size, length usually isn't the issue. It's men for whom it is an issue, not women, especially since for lots of women, the length of penis many men think is ideal for women isn't ideal at all, as it can prevent adequate clitoral stimulus during intercourse, jostle the cervix, and creatte discomfort. And mature people of any gender who also have half a brain in their heads would remember that we all have a LOT of body parts: if we want more or less penetration on a given day, we've got options, namely, hands and fingers and our mouths. It should be something of a clear giveaway to nonsense when men stating they want to please women are talking about their own bodies, not even looking to say, other endeavors or activities which really are ABOUT women. Funny, isn't it, how we have a gazillion ads and spam campaigns for bunk penis pills, and yet my inbox is never full of spam telling men how to please women by learning to communicate with them, see them as people, or through a series of special tongue exercises for $19.95.

Really, the obsession with a big penis making women "love you more" is about as far removed from concerns with women and loving as it gets. It's not about women, what pleases them or what makes them happy at all. It's about men, and projecting male insecurities -- which, mind you, are reinforced in patriarchal and popular culture incessantly, so it's not like you're a dope for having them -- unto women, and often at the expense of pleasing them, making them happy much less because it's navel-gazing that dismisses and ignored how FEMALE bodies work, and presumes our sexuality is linked to the male penis, which is baloney, on top of being fairly misogynistic.

(That above post would have made sense, but Ya's post seems to have vanished. To put it in context, he was claiming that not only did a pill add substantial length to his penis, but that a length increase is important to women.)

[This message has been edited by Miz Scarlet (edited 10-31-2005).]

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
FaKeShAwOn
Neophyte
Member # 25102

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FaKeShAwOn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
men feel more confident with a bigger penis.

even though most women don't care =P

Posts: 10 | Registered: Aug 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some men feel more confident with a bigger penis. Some men know that there is more to just a man than his penis, just as there is more to a woman than her breasts/behind/what-have-you.

Lets not generalize, okay?

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
sillyhavoc
Neophyte
Member # 22957

Icon 1 posted      Profile for sillyhavoc     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey, if you read LilBlueSmurf's post, she's pretty much stated that different people like different things. If you don't have anything constructive to add to he conversation, please don't post. It just takes up space. Thanks. -Jam

[This message has been edited by JamsessionVT (edited 11-01-2005).]

Posts: 23 | From: Austin | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.