Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » questions!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: questions!
hayspins
Activist
Member # 24120

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hayspins     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Ok ... My boyfriend and I have been going out for a while. We have been messing around a little. We have never had sex but we have done things like he's fingered me and eaten me out and Ive given him a hand job and a blow job... and we have dry humped. The thing is certain things start to hurt a little. So once it starts hurting I tell my boyfriend that it does and he stops doing it as much. I am little scared though that through all of the fingering and dry humping my hymen may have broken. When you go to the Gyno can the tell how it was broken or if you are or are not a virgin by how things are done. Can you tell what a girl has done by tests at the Gyno?

Thanks to anyone who can help!

Posts: 65 | From: Edwardsville, IL, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hot4nerds
Neophyte
Member # 19419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hot4nerds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I don't know about tearing of your hymen, depending on how much activity is done there it may have irritated you. And depending on how well your boyfriend grooms himself his fingernails may have been long and scratched you.

And about the gyno, they don't test you for your boyfriend going down/fingering you. They can test for STI's and for abnormal cervical cells, but not what you've done. They only know what you've done if you tell them. You don't have to give specifics but you should let them know if your sexually active. By law they can't tell your parents (if that's an issue with you) unless you allow them to.

Also some women don't have hymens, and they can be torn by a different number of reasons. Tampons, sports, exercise, etc etc.

Posts: 38 | From: Albany, Ny | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
northshoreDoll
Neophyte
Member # 24108

Icon 1 posted      Profile for northshoreDoll     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does it really matter? I mean there is really nothing special about your hymen besides that it hurts like hell when you break it, but you really don't need it so I wouldn't go to any extent to find out if I were you.

------------------
Elizabeth

[This message has been edited by Gumdrop Girl (edited 06-25-2005).]

Posts: 5 | From: Skokie,IL, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, the hymen rarely "breaks." Rather, it generally wears away over time, though some activities can stretch it or cause small tears in a single event.

But it should NOT "hurt like hell." If it DOES eiter you're dealing with an imperforate or resilient hymen, which is an issue to see one's GYN about, rather than trying to hammer away at it, or, more commonly, are experiencing pain due to other things, like lack of arousal, lack of lubrication, nervousness or fear or a partner who is just being too rough.

Your GYN can certainly tell you if you have a partially intact hymen or not, but no OB/GYN who is being truthful and who has kept up with current reproductive anatomy information over the last thirty years is going to assume that is or isn't about sexual activity, because the hymen can wear away without any kind of partnered sex.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Here is Scarleteen's article on a visit to the gynecologist and what to expect:

Your First Gynecologist Visit

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gubblebum
Activist
Member # 15249

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gubblebum     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
While your gyno can't tell what you have or have not done sexually by the state of your hymen, it is extremely important to keep your gyno up-to-date on your sexual status. He or she gets paid to teach you about STI and pregnancy prevention.
Posts: 213 | From: Spain | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.