Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » dry humping

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: dry humping
handeebanandy
Neophyte
Member # 24115

Icon 1 posted      Profile for handeebanandy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey what are the diff positions for when u wanna hump ur boyfrend or he wanna hump u? should u hump with clothes on, seriously confused! Which positions r most rewarding and the msot comfortable?
Posts: 1 | From: UAE | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You and your boyfriend have the fun task of figuring out which positions you want to try for yourselves.

But please keep your trousers on during dry sex. It's a simple way to prevent the spread of pregnancy, herpes, warts (via HPV), scabies and lice.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dymes
Activist
Member # 23654

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dymes     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
can i ask whats the point of dry humping? im pretty sure the male penis will hurt alot on dry humping and if hes humping the female vagina imagine the pain for her? so whats the point exact?
Posts: 119 | From: Chmblee,GA | Registered: May 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
hot4nerds
Neophyte
Member # 19419

Icon 1 posted      Profile for hot4nerds     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
People are animals and wanna do the hump? (grrrrowl!)
Posts: 38 | From: Albany, Ny | Registered: Aug 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I think the term 'humping' is a little misleading (kind of brings to mind something like slamming - yikes!). The other term for dry humping is frottage which is French for rubbing. To many, it's a safer alternative to other sexual activities, and even to those sexually active, a couple hours of dry humping now and then is a great change of pace.

[This message has been edited by wobblyheadedjane (edited 06-24-2005).]

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
... just to make clear.

Pressure and friction to male or female genitals, when a person is aroused, tends to be pleasurable, not painful.

In fact, lots of people of all genders masturbate by rubbing their genitals against an object.

I'm not sure, Dymes, what leads you to believe it would be painful. But might want to bear in mind that no one could actually have much contact with the VAGINA during this, but the vulva, the external female genitals.

(But "a few hours" would be a pretty extended sessions of such, and at that point, the friction may be overkill, especially from one given activity solid.)

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sorry, Miz S, didn't mean to imply that it would be a couple hours of dry humping solo (I think there's a Kevin Smith sketch on that somewhere...) But rather, an extended make-out, dry sex session like one used to as a teenager can be a nice change of pace.

I can see where the confusion lay, though.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigGShawty90
Activist
Member # 20965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigGShawty90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
its possible for a guy to cum while *dry humping* right? and what is the difference between dry humping and dry sex??
Posts: 83 | From: plano,texas,us | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Dry humping and dry sex are basically two terms for the same thing- the keyword is dry, which means no fluids are exhanged/clothes stay on/etc.

And yes, it is possible for a man to ejaculate from stimulus from dry sex. It's possible for a woman to orgasm from that sort of stimulus as well.

To keep dry sex actually dry, it's a good idea to have the guy wear a condom, that way semen won't have a chance of leaking through his underwear/pants, and their won't be any possible contact with the vulva.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BigGShawty90
Activist
Member # 20965

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BigGShawty90     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This may be a dumb question.. i dont know, but here it goes. ok, why does it feel so good to dry hump?? i mean when me and my boyfriend do that it feels really good to me, N i come and orgasm sometimes. is it because i can feel his hard penis through his pants on my vagina?
Posts: 83 | From: plano,texas,us | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
It's more likely that his body is stimulating your clitoris.

Sexual Response and Orgasm: A User's Guide

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anaya07
Neophyte
Member # 24028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anaya07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
my boyfriend and I have tryed the dry humping I orgasm from it .. but it seems to hurt him sometimes. So we tryed this thing were he puts the comdon on and I have the underwear off and we hump without really putting the penis in me. Is that dry humping? Also because it hurts him there are times were he will take it out and I will wear my underwear.. Could I become pregnant from that?

Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
dailicious
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 22471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for dailicious     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Anaya, you're doing the right thing by putting a condom on, that's what's really going to make it dry sex, since that way no fluids are involved except for in the condom.

If you are engaging in dry humping while his penis is bare and you're only wearing your underwear, pre-ejaculate or semen when he ejaculates could get onto your underwear and soak through to your vulva. It's a lower risk than bare genitals touching, but it is still a small risk.

So just have him wear a condom everytime.

Posts: 3382 | From: Denver, Colorado | Registered: Mar 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The discomfort he is experiencing is also likely due to friction. Putting a drop of lubricant inside the condom before he puts it on may help allievate this. Also, if he starts to feel any discomfort, then that's probably a sign that you need to let up for a while -- either by engaging in a different activity or simply being a bit more gentle about what's going on.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
anaya07
Neophyte
Member # 24028

Icon 1 posted      Profile for anaya07     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thanks for the help.. will take the advice for next time!
Posts: 14 | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.