Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » First time

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: First time
waterboy875
Neophyte
Member # 23730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for waterboy875     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
before, me and my girlfriend had only touched each others genitals, today i like her genital, the inside, and then she sucked on my penis. i dont think i came inside her mouth, but if i did are there any negative effects to this? i am just worried about any negative effects genital touching can have. Are we at risk of anything by what we did? Can someone explain to me what oral sex really is,,,
Posts: 7 | From: Cupertino, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yes, unprotected oral sex does pose STD risks, so you and your partner should plan on getting screened in the near future. And also, in the future, you should plan on practicing safer sex (by using condoms and dental dams)

Oral sex is when one partner stimulates the others genitals using their mouth.

Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
waterboy875
Neophyte
Member # 23730

Icon 1 posted      Profile for waterboy875     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
is this deadly or dangerous, it was nothing serious, i mean what we did was nothing serious and totally unconcious... she basically jus touched her mouth on my penis, what is the worst that can happen in our case?? im pretty scared so please bare with me and advise...

Posts: 7 | From: Cupertino, California, USA | Registered: Jun 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Activist
Member # 18722

Icon 1 posted      Profile for 113533     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most STD's are not deadly, but yes, some are dangerous. There is no way of knowing what YOUR risk was, but you have had a "real" risk. Just plan on getting tested in the near future (while keeping in mind that it may take a while for some STD's to show up), and start practicing safer sex. For now, being scared really isn't going to help. But being mature about your choices, and dealing with them in a safe and healthy manner will.
Posts: 169 | From: Phoenix, AZ | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes, unprotected oral sex carries STD risks, and these risks do not require ejaculation.

About 60% of the population has cold sores, which are oral herpes. that's a lot of people, and most of them got it through totally nonsexual means. HOWEVER, these nonsexual herpes can be transmitted sexually during oral sex. The oral herpes virus goes from one partner's mouth to the other partner's genitals. Then the receiving partner winds up with oral herpes sores on their genitals. They look and feel like genital herpes.

Condoms protect the penis against picking up the virus. that's why it's so important to use a condom during oral sex. Even if the contact lasts a minute.

for more info, check out these articles: Safe, Sound & Sexy - A Safer Sex How-To and Mouthing Off On Oral Sex.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sedi Tlugvi
Activist
Member # 21797

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sedi Tlugvi     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Out of curiousity, if you were infected with the oral herpes virus, but preformed oral sex while no blisters were present, is there still a risk of your partner contracting the virus?
Posts: 75 | From: Pennsylvania | Registered: Jan 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
oral hereps and genital herpes can be transmitted without any sores present. In fact, carriers are MOST contagious *right before* the appearance of sores.

------------------
LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.