Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Condoms for blowjobs

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Condoms for blowjobs
tintorshade
Neophyte
Member # 23198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tintorshade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I was just curious which condoms work best for blowjobs. I have only been using lubricated ones for intercourse, but was unsure if they work okay for blowjobs as they have lubrication. Should they just be unlubricated or are there some that work better?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
A lot of people do not like the taste of latex or lube. For oral sex, there are flavoured condoms which take care of the taste problem. One thing, do not use flavoured condoms for vaginal sex. The sugar in the flavouring could trigger a yeast infection.

You can research flavoured condoms by clicking in the Condomania link below. There is no obligation to purchase and it will give you an idea of what your flavoured oprions are.

------------------
I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.

- Galileo

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Actually, a lot of people do not like the taste of some lubes, but I don't know that it's safe to say a lot of people don't like the "taste" of latex, since really, it doesn't have much of one, and unflavored condoms or dams are used for oral sex very regularly. Lots of times when you hear someone say they don't like the taste of latex, it's to avoid using condoms altogether.

So, flavoured condoms are great for that purpose, but not necessary.)

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tintorshade
Neophyte
Member # 23198

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tintorshade     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Does the flavor last on the flavored condoms, or does the flavor disappear quite quickly?
Posts: 2 | Registered: Apr 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Really depends on the brand: some flavoured condoms have flavor that seems to linger longer than others. Per my personal experience, I also find that fruity flavors tend to seem to linger arund less than something spicy, like mint, or richer flavors, like vanillas, etc.

And sometimes, believe me, you really wouldn't WANT the falvaor to linger, because some brands just taste ooky. Which is one reason, again, why plain, unlubed condoms are often not only just fine, but sometimes better.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
faerie88
Neophyte
Member # 33122

Icon 1 posted      Profile for faerie88         Edit/Delete Post 
yeah, the unlubricated regular condoms don't taste that bad at all. There is a little bit of rubber taste but not much, but that is just my experience.
Posts: 4 | From: USA | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OnceOnABlueMoon
Activist
Member # 33148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OnceOnABlueMoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, I read a thing online that mentioned oral herpes can spread to the genitals and actually be worse there than it is orally. I tried to explain this to my boyfriend but it came off wrong the first time and he thought I was trying to say he would give me herpes and he was offended because he is sure he's clean. Of course what I was really trying to say is that, although I have never seen a genuine cold sore on my lips, I sometimes have suspicious sores in my mouth (and let's get past denial, like 90% of the population has it or was exposed stats say I think, maybe higher) and the last thing I want to do is pass anything off to him. Sharing eachother's disease, even one considered "harmless" like oral herpes just isn't on my list of things I want to do.

Now if only I weren't broke and could buy some of this stuff.

Posts: 48 | From: North of Hell South of Paradise | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Faerie - Thhis post is over two years old. Unless you have a similar question or want to add relevant information, there really is no point dragging this back up. I am sure the OP is no longer checking for answers.

OnceOnABlueMoon - If the sores are inside of your mouth, they are canker sores, not herpes sores. Herpes sores are found on the area around the nose and mouth.

Also, really, if you do not have the financial means to have safe sex, you should reconsider having sex at all.

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
OnceOnABlueMoon
Activist
Member # 33148

Icon 1 posted      Profile for OnceOnABlueMoon     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am actually not having sex September, I was more making a joke than being truly, truly serious. Please don't insult my intelligence.

A dentist told me one of the sores in my mouth was herpes, a cold sore. I've heard it argued otherwise that it was a canker sore, however I can't shake doubt and I don't like risks.

Posts: 48 | From: North of Hell South of Paradise | Registered: Mar 2007  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
September
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 25425

Icon 1 posted      Profile for September     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I am not insulting your intelligence. Instead, I believe that you are missunderstanding me. "Sex" does not mean only penetrative sex, but also oral or manual sex, and any other intimate activity. Needless to say, those can pose STD risks and sometimes pregnancy risks, as well.

( Not to mention that in this post here, you talk about having attempted penetrative sex which, even if unsucessful, is a sexual activity with STD and pregnancy risks. http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=009880 )

[ 03-30-2007, 12:59 AM: Message edited by: September ]

--------------------
Johanna
Scarleteen Volunteer

"The question is not who will let me, but who is going to stop me." -Ayn Rand

Posts: 9192 | From: Cologne, Germany | Registered: Sep 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
damnparanoia
Activist
Member # 86735

Icon 1 posted      Profile for damnparanoia     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Is it possible for someone to be pregnant from a blowjob if she might have swallowed precum?
Posts: 66 | From: Earth | Registered: Nov 2011  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Saffron Raymie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 49582

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Saffron Raymie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
(Just a note; please don't double-post, damnparanoia - it helps us to keep track if people don't. Thanks a lot! Your question has been answered in your other thread.)

--------------------
'Obtain the virgin's consent before you marry her' - Prophet Mohammad (pbuh)

Posts: 1285 | From: England | Registered: Oct 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.