Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » STD... could i pass one?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: STD... could i pass one?
VingilotSilmaril
Neophyte
Member # 22255

Icon 9 posted      Profile for VingilotSilmaril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
okay.. my fiance and i had never had any kind of sexual contact with anyone before each other. we were naked together alot and our parts rubbed together alot and we had manual sex alot. we never had vaginal sex. we were waiting for marriage on that one.. but he left me and now i'm worried that in a couple of years or so when i do get married, i may inflict some sort of disease on my husband. is this possible if neither my ex-fiance or i have/had stds?
(i did end up getting pregnant and miscarrying because we were messy and got some fluids in me somehow, so we were very close)

[This message has been edited by VingilotSilmaril (edited 03-07-2005).]

Posts: 9 | From: whittier, california, us | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, there is the chance that oral herpes (cold sores) can get transferred to the genitals during oral sex. And there can be some vaginal infections that aren't necessarily spread through sexual intercourse, but can be passed back and forth between partners.

you might as well get a checkup. ask for a full STD screen, including a strain-specific herpes test.

and since you're in Whittier, if you need referrals to any clinics, feel free to call the number in my sig line. the LA Health Dept. has a pretty good directory. I believe there is a public health clinic in Whittier. call the number for their hours.

and good reading if you have not looked at it yet:

• Testing, Testing…
  • A Quickie STD/STI Risk Assessment

------------------
    LA County STD Hotline 1.800.758.0880
    Toll free STD and clinic information, and condoms sent to your door for Los Angeles County residents.
    1 in 3 sexually active people will be exposed to a STD by the time they turn 24.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  • VingilotSilmaril
    Neophyte
    Member # 22255

Icon 1 posted      Profile for VingilotSilmaril     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    hmm... we never did anything oral at all besided kissing, so i should be alright that way. i guess if i'm ever with someone else, i should do him the favor of getting checked out before we do anything... guess i had better wait till marriage now though, seein as how things went. think that'd ensure that there wouldn't be any disease. well thank you for your help! i'll check out one of those clinics when the time comes.
    Posts: 9 | From: whittier, california, us | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    logic_grrl
    Scarleteen Volunteer
    Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Marriage doesn't magically ensure that you aren't carrying any STDs.

Even if neither of you has ever had any sexual contact with anyone else, there are still some STDs/STIs that can be transmitted non-sexually, then be passed on during sexual contact.

So it's a smart move to get a full STD screen now (if you do have anything, then leaving it untreated is not smart).

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
    Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.