Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » nipple sensation

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: nipple sensation
Caterina
Activist
Member # 21858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I know that many girls like to have their nipples stimulated and it often has a direct connection with sensations why they then get in their genitals. But why don't guys get the same nipple sensations? Surely nipples are the same thing whether male or female, but my bf says he just finds it really annoying if I play with his nipple. (good communication or what?!)
Posts: 133 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvinhp89
Activist
Member # 21227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvinhp89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Note that I'm no sexpert, nor that I truly have in training in this field. I think it's just than men either don't have as many nerve endings in their nipples as women do and therefore aren't as sensitive as women, or that men are just strange and don't like that.

I don't know. I'm probably completely wrong. My boyfriend likes when I kiss his chest, but he seems sort of freaked out if I even come anywhere near his nipples.

Posts: 95 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterina
Activist
Member # 21858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah, exactly, why does it freak them out so much? They seem to like girls' nipples a lot, so why aren't they willing to give it a try. The thing is, guys nipples do go hard if you play with them, but it's more just like an automatic biological reaction rather than a good/horny feeling. Oh well.
Posts: 133 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
froggy_dear
Activist
Member # 14139

Icon 1 posted      Profile for froggy_dear     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Some men do find having their nipples played with sensual. I suppose it's a personal preference, like so many other things.

------------------
I see you shiver with antici......pation

Posts: 317 | From: Seattle, WA | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, just as many men enjoy nipple play as women do, and it's no more a "biological reaction" (whatever that was supposed to mean) than it is for women.

Similarly, just like some men don't enjoy sexual nipple play, plenty of women don't as well.

Using "they" to mean all people of one gender, when you're talking about a partner or two, is a pretty big leap.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterina
Activist
Member # 21858

I've actually been made to feel quite unwelcome here by some of you (and sorry to those of you who've been really, really great). Maybe it's just a US attitude that I'm not used to, but maybe you'd prefer it if I leave. I just never found a site before that was so good or so informative, so, sorry.
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This some of us who owns and runs the site doesn't mean any slight whatsoever.

We simply are not keen on gender stereotyping here, so it's our policy to nip it in the bud when it rears it's not-so pretty head.

Other than that, not sure what the problem here was: simply was a question with a really simple answer this time round.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor & Founder
ST homepage ST blog about Heather & Scarleteen

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
N
Neophyte
Member # 20990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for N         Edit/Delete Post 
I think Caterina just meant that nipples getting hard and erect is a physiological reaction to certain stimuli, but may not be pleasurable or indicate arousal. Which is true; certainly cold or pinching will make nipples erect, and neither is particularly pleasurable for most people (but is for some, or course!). And some people can get very turned on by nipple play without their nipples becoming erect.

Some men like their nipples played with (like me), others don't. The same is true of women; I know several who have said that they have absolutely no interest in having their nipples touched, that it just bores them.

Posts: 37 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterina
Activist
Member # 21858

I didn't mean to generalise; I know that not everyone's the same. I did say "many girls" (not "all girls") and when I refer to guys I just mean those within my scope of experience. I am not trying to be discriminative against female homosexual couples in any way, since clearly they woulnd't have a guy to stimulate the nipples of. I was just telling of my experience, and wondering whether others had the same experiences with guys and nipples - which luvinhp did. And I was trying to be specific when I said an "automatic biological reaction" - I don't think I could've put some guys' involuntary nipple hardening more specifically than than, and N seemed to get what I meant. But I'm truly sorry to anyone to whom I caused offence.

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.