Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » help! could i be pregnant?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help! could i be pregnant?
real_worry
Neophyte
Member # 21839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for real_worry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
similar with mizz_k problem, i am still a virgin, one day my bf and I did the oral sex and he cum in a condom. he wasnt sure if he washed his hand when he took it off or not. about 10 or more minutes later his fingers touched my outside vagina. He thought that its ok because he mustve touched a lot of things before he touched my vagina. The next day i got my period. Could i be pregnant?? i am so scared. when is the best time for me to do a pregnanct test?. thank you!!
Posts: 2 | From: Sydney/NSW/Australia | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
JamsessionVT
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 17924

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JamsessionVT     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You can't have your period and be pregnant.

However, if you checked the site, you would have found this article:

http://www.scarleteen.com/reproduction/preg_risk_oral.html

It is very unlikely that you are pregnant, but if you need some peace of mind, a pregnancy test can be taken between 10 and 14 days after the sexual encounter.

But if I am any judge, I'd say you'll be alright.

Kudos to you for using a condom, however, knowing how to properly take it off is just as important as knowing how to use it.

Posts: 3987 | From: Greater Burlington Area, Vermont | Registered: Apr 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ebony_Marie
Neophyte
Member # 21855

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Ebony_Marie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I wouldn't worry either. I understand that you might get a bit freaked out by this, but it's doubtful that there's anything wrong.
Posts: 7 | From: Hamilton, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterina
Activist
Member # 21858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
actually, it is possible to have your period and be pregnant, also usually it's psychosomatic when that happens. Especially at the beginning of pregnancy, you can definitely get light periods and still be pregnant. I'm not meaning to try and worry you that you are pregant after all; I just thought I'd say. As long as your cycle remains basically unaffected, you should be fine.
Posts: 133 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Technically, you can't have a full period and remain pregnant, as a period involves shedding the uterine lining.

However, some women do experience light bleeding during pregnancy, which is why confusion can occur.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Caterina
Activist
Member # 21858

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Caterina     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
But fertilistation occurs in the fallopian tubes, and it can then take 2-3 days for the egg to embed itself in the uterine lining. So surely this means that, if you were about to have your period anyway (she was due for the next day and got it), it could technically be possible to have this next period as scheduled but still to have a fertilised egg which could embed in a coupla days' time? I'm no expect; I'm just saying what I know.
Posts: 133 | From: Scotland | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yep, that's correct. And in addition, fertilization itself usually doesn't happen instantaneously.

But pregnancy technically doesn't start until an egg has implanted. After that point, you can't have a proper period and remain pregnant.

However, in this case, it sounds as if the original poster's pregnancy risk is minimal anyway (regardless of when she got her period).

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i had a similar scare about 2 months ago, the exact worry and everything. i went to my gynae and explained what happened, and she said that it is highly unlikely that you could get pregnant (based on what you mentioned). i had a pregnancy test there as well, just in case, and it was negative and i also got my period. so i'd say that you're ok, so don't worry~
Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
real_worry
Neophyte
Member # 21839

Icon 1 posted      Profile for real_worry     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
thank you so much guys for your help in easing my mind. yes, i got my period for approx 6 or 7 days. its normal and its bleeding heavily. so there's nothing for me to worry about. Thank you so much once again!!! xxx
Posts: 2 | From: Sydney/NSW/Australia | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.