Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pain for him

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pain for him
twistedpeppermint
Neophyte
Member # 17982

Icon 5 posted      Profile for twistedpeppermint     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
recently my boyfriend and I were together. I gave him manual sex (a hand job) multiple times, and each time he stopped me before he came. He said it was so things didn't "end badly". I figure he just didn't want to come on me, out of courtesy. I thanked him for his sensitivity, but asked him if it was painful. He said sometimes. Isn't this bad for him?? I'm really wondering because it definitely doesn't make me uncomfortable for him to orgasm, regardless of the outcome. I'm not real sure what to do...
Posts: 20 | From: MI, United States | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Being very aroused but not reaching orgasm can cause uncomfortable vasocongestion (for both men and women), but it doesn't cause any long-term harm. And of course it can be easily fixed with ibuprofen or masturbation!

However, it sounds like the two of you need to have a talk. If it's fine with you for him to ejaculate, there doesn't seem to be any reason for him to think it will "end badly". So you might want to find out what's worrying him, and clarify your feelings about this.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
luvinhp89
Activist
Member # 21227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for luvinhp89     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
When he said painful did he mean that it hurts for him to orgasm? I don't think it should hurt, unless something is wrong. Maybe he means that it hurts if he waits and doesn't ejaculate. If your comfortable with him, then tell him you don't have a problem with his coming. That should fix him up.
Posts: 95 | From: Virginia | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Sara Greene
Neophyte
Member # 21857

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Sara Greene     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It might "hurt" to get to the point of climax and not end up having an orgasm. Having yourself stimulated to an extreme point and then no release can be uncomfortable.

Maybe you should tell him you don't mind performing manual sex on him, and that if his cum gets on you all you've got to do is wash it off!

Posts: 15 | From: Toronto, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Feb 2005  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
N
Neophyte
Member # 20990

Icon 1 posted      Profile for N         Edit/Delete Post 
I think the key thing is to find out exactly what he means by "end badly". For which you have to ask him, of course.

If ejaculation is painful for him, there could be a medical problem. Or he could, just possibly, be really tense; when I have really really tense (intermittently spasming) muscles, orgasm can hurt because of that; relaxing the muscles with a massage beforehand makes all the difference.

Posts: 37 | From: USA | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.