Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » what does sex fell like?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what does sex fell like?
TiffanyLynn
Activist
Member # 20801

Icon 7 posted      Profile for TiffanyLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK i have a question, well i think its a question...maybe it's a statement...i don't know...but anywho

My friend just got married. She was a virgin on her wedding night. So you know, i had a whole bunch of question to ask her like..."How was the sex! What was it like!" I'm a virgin so...i don't know how it is. (by virgin i mean never had p/v sex, i know some people have issues with the term "virgin" on here so, thats what MY virginity is ) Anyway, she said it was ok...and that it doesn't feel any different from masturbating...she told me other stuff too...but she pretty much told me it was just OK. They have been married for 3 months now and the sex is STILL just OK...she says its only good when she's on top and she gets goosebumps all over and its just awesome...but here's my question (I think) what DOES it feel like? does it feel the same as masturbaton? is it sharper? is it deeper? what!!

by the way....yes i know it is different for everyone :P

Posts: 67 | From: Louisiana! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
laurencsi03
Neophyte
Member # 15520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for laurencsi03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It feels like you have a penis inside you. Otherwise, what it feels like depends on a myriad of factors- how aroused you are, how comfortable you are, whether or not you're tired, how your partner is feeling...there is no one way that sex "feels," at least not for me.

I'm not going to toe the line here and tell you exactly what it feels like or is like to have sex. I think strangely enough it was Stephen King who described it as "an awful lot of rubbing for a little bit of warmth." Often it is not so much a physical experience for me as an emotional one and I don't mind that at all. Expecting sex to be mindblowing and physically fantastic every single time just isn't realistic...I prefer sometimes to have sex for emotional reasons, not just physical ones.

I suppose sex could feel like masturbation, depending on how you choose to masturbate, but everything is different with a partner. Not necessarily better or worse, just different. My orgasms with my partner are different than the ones I give myself, but in a way are more rewarding because I get to share in it with someone else.

What you experience and what your friend experiences will in all probability be completely different, because you are different people and your lovers will be different people.

Sex feels like sex is supposed to feel when it's consensual and safe. That's the best I can do to tell you what it feels like. if it feels physically good, that's normal. If doesn't feel like much, that's normal. It all just depends.

I will add, however, that it took about three and a half months before sex felt like much of anything to me. I don't really know why that is but what it felt like changed a lot after that.

Sex is about a lot of things- sights, sounds, emotions, physical sensations. To even attempt to describe what a combination of all those things is like is difficult...it's hard to put it in words. It's just a feeling.

[This message has been edited by laurencsi03 (edited 12-13-2004).]

Posts: 25 | Registered: Nov 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiffanyLynn
Activist
Member # 20801

Icon 7 posted      Profile for TiffanyLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yes ma'am i know all of that. i'm seriously not trying to be umm...rude...or annoying but besides the awesome feeling you gain emotionaly, how does it feel PHYSICALLY. cause you know how like from clitoral stimulation it's sort of like sharp? and i know its not the same with sex but like when you SUPPOSITLY orgasm during sex does it even feel like an orgasm feels BEFORE you have sex? or maybe i just confused everyone even more...but it makes sense to me, lol
Posts: 67 | From: Louisiana! | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
gloworm
Activist
Member # 7235

Icon 1 posted      Profile for gloworm     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well, we can't really tell you what it feels like because it is different for every single person. there is no standard "feeling" that every person is supposed to get from having sex- physically or emotionally.

just like we can't give out technique on this board- because no one way of doing something is right or feels good for every single person.

you really can't know or understand what having sex feels like until you actually do it yourself. and i'm not saying go out and have sex right now just to see what it is like. all i'm saying is that no matter what anyone describes to you about their experiences, they will always be different from what you may experience one day. and each time you have sex may be different and feel different from the last.

Posts: 262 | Registered: Mar 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
TiffanyLynn
Activist
Member # 20801

Icon 1 posted      Profile for TiffanyLynn     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
yea thats what i'm afraid of....
LilBlueSmurf
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1207

Icon 1 posted      Profile for LilBlueSmurf     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I just wanted to point out that not every sexual encounter you'll have is going to lead to an 'awesome feeling emotionally'.

I thought it might the first time too, and it really didn't. And i was a little disappointed, but i got over it.

I just dont want you to set expectations so high that they're just impossible to reach ... it's unfair to both you and your partner(s).

Posts: 7168 | From: Ontario | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
i know its not the same with sex but like when you SUPPOSITLY orgasm during sex does it even feel like an orgasm feels BEFORE you have sex?

Well, orgasms are orgasms.

They can vary a lot, and some people find they do feel different if they're experiencing vaginal penetration as well as clitoral stimulation, but it's not like there's some completely different sort of orgasm that you only get during intercourse.

And of course intercourse on its own isn't enough to get many women to orgasm.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.