Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » just wondering for fun

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: just wondering for fun
domncroxd
Activist
Member # 20869

Icon 1 posted      Profile for domncroxd     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey all...
is it true that most guys can't go through a week without masturbating? most of my guy friends say that, and they think that guys who can abstain from masturbating are weird. i guess that guys are different in their sexual needs...i don't know...
i was just wondering...:P

Posts: 53 | From: Melbourne, Australi | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, it's technically possible, of course. All in all, going a week without masturbating is probably relatively easy. Whether guys (or anyone!) wants to is another matter entirely. Some people have higher sex drives than others; some people masturbate frequently and some people masturbate rarely or not at all. It really varies from person to person. It's pretty rare for me to go a week without masturbating, though I'm a female.

------------------
I can count to purple backwards!

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
banddryad
Activist
Member # 18520

Icon 1 posted      Profile for banddryad     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
My boyfriend says he didn't masterbate for the first time until he was seventeen. And this was after he'd lost his virginity. So, if this is true - then that discredits what those guys say.

But like above - maybe these guys you talk to have high sexdrives - and that's fine. But I'd bet money that there's no medical reason they must masterbate, or else.

Posts: 95 | From: Florida | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It just depends. Some religious people don't masturbate at all. A lot of women masturbate every night, or very often. It's not that special for guys. It can be a very dumb generalisation, like saying that guys only want sex, while a lot of women are like that too. I know a guy who actually promotes restraining from masturbation if you're on a long streak of "unwanted celibacy". For most guys I know it's a once a night deal, but they can stop if they want to.
Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
quiksilver
Neophyte
Member # 21095

Icon 5 posted      Profile for quiksilver     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey, i'm a 19 yr old guy. I am still a virgin (reference).
As far as how often a guy masturbates;for me it depends, anywhere from once a week to many times a day. But it really depends on whether i was havin a good time flirtin and teasing my girlfriend. But on another question. how long is avg for guys to take before they orgasm. For me its always in the 15-20 minute range. Is that normal?- i heard from a couple of girls whom i know that its unusually long. is that indicative of a health problem or somethin? Anyhow, just wonderin, because i think the girl i am dating now may be the one, and don't want to screw up the first time.

------------------
Dont quit, for youre
not a failure,
Until you fail to try

Posts: 1 | From: Kingston, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You may find that you orgasm faster during intercourse than during masturbation. Or not.

Either way, it's normal. Yes, it's quite common for young guys to reach orgasm quickly, but that doesn't mean that you have a medical problem or are going to "screw up" somehow if you don't.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
nickpenner
Neophyte
Member # 21102

Icon 14 posted      Profile for nickpenner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I Am a guy and I enjoy partaking of it at least once a day if not two. Once when i wake up, before i take my morning shower - to get my heart-rate up and going (which wakes me up.) Then again when i go to bed or before my shower that night. But if I am busy and have alot going on that week I will do it less maybe every other day. The last time I went a week without doing it was probably like several months ago. I think nowadays our society has gotten more "enlightened" to pleasures of the body so much so that its not considered a taboo for woman to enjoy thier "private time" just as much as the guys. I actually think that the girls of our generation are actually seeking out ways to bring themselves more sexual pleasure. Which for one, this guy thinks is really neat and two which I think will continue into the main stream thus allowing sex-toy sales to be a major area of revenue for retailers. Any commments?

------------------
Nick Penner
[edited - please follow the board guidelines and don't post e-mail or other contact details]
"Whatever you believe to be true about yourself, Ussually is!"
[edited]

[This message has been edited by logic_grrl (edited 12-10-2004).]

Posts: 1 | From: Siloam Springs, Arkansas, USA | Registered: Dec 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CutiePie4eva
Activist
Member # 7052

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CutiePie4eva     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
from what i've seen, i agree that it's not about not being able to do it, but is actually about not wanting to do it. i mean even personally, when i first realized how fun it was i was doing several times a week for awhile... but after a few months hehe i only do it maybe once every two weeks if that.

my boyfriend says hes done it maybe once every two months since we've been going out, which i find kind of funny cause it turned into a long distance relationship, different colleges and states and all... and now we see each other once a month if we're lucky... and i would have assumed he'd do it more often since we see each other so little. but he says he just doesnt feel the need or anything.

in the end, it just comes down to the each guy individually. and i was just curious if you asked your guy friends all at the same time together or separately... because they're opinions might have been slightly skewed if they were all together... just a thought.

Posts: 239 | From: new york, USA | Registered: Feb 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.