Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » masturbating

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: masturbating
doitnow65
Neophyte
Member # 20375

Icon 5 posted      Profile for doitnow65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
do most guys masturbate?? how often do most guys masturbate?? how many times is too much per day?? my friend told me that he masturbated so much blood ejaculated instead of semen. can this happen? has it happened to anyone?? help please!! can anyone answer all of my questions???
Posts: 8 | From: Knoxville, TN United States | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
It's totally normal! We have an entire article on male masturbation, right here, which will answer your questions:
http://www.scarleteen.com/boyfriend/masturbate.html

Why don't you start by reading that?

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smilee_kylie
Activist
Member # 20046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilee_kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Most guys do masturbate, yes. However, we can't tell you how often they do as every guy is different. Some guys do it often, several times a week. Some guys might only do it every few months or maybe not at all. There isn't really a certain amount of masturbating that is 'too much'. But I guess if you were doing it every hour of every day you might wanna back off a bit. But it won't harm you or your health. And no, guys don't ejaculate blood from too much masturbation. The only reason this might happen could be due to an infection but not too much masturbation. But as the scarleteen article says, masturbation is perfectly normal and healthy and a good way for each of us to get to know our own bodies.
Posts: 58 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If your friend's telling the truth, he needs to see a doctor.

No amount of masturbation can cause someone to ejaculate blood (masturbating a lot very roughly without any lube might cause friction burns, but that's about as bad as it can get).

So if he really had blood in his semen, that means something else is wrong and he needs to get checked out.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
doitnow65
Neophyte
Member # 20375

Icon 7 posted      Profile for doitnow65     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok thank you all very much!!!!! i read that article and im ok now. thanks!!
Posts: 8 | From: Knoxville, TN United States | Registered: Oct 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.