Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Almost Blacked Out, Why???

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Almost Blacked Out, Why???
FadingEndlessly
Activist
Member # 18674

Icon 1 posted      Profile for FadingEndlessly     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yesterday my boyfriend & I tried to do it doggie-style, but he accidentally went into my ass. Before I stopped him, he went in pretty deep, and it hurt. Right afterwards, I began feeling really nauseous, almost threw up, and blacked out for about a second. I really couldn't see for a moment and I thought I was going to faint. I took a drink of water & was fine. But why did this happen? Could it have been the pain? It didn't hurt that horribly, but, I mean, it did hurt.

Just curious as to why it hurt so horribly. Isn't anal sex something that's not so uncommon? We weren't trying to do that, but, you know, I'm just curious.

Thanks.

Posts: 46 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
KittenGoddess
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 1679

Icon 1 posted      Profile for KittenGoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Probably a combination of the unexpected stress and the sudden pain. That's a fairly common reaction for that sort of thing for some people. For example, I hit my knee REALLY hard on a door frame once (stupid me, tried to jump over a pile of stuff...I made it though the door, my knee didn't) and about passed out/threw up from the shock and the fact that it really hurt my knee. So I'd guess you just had a stress reaction.

It probably hurt because you weren't prepared for it and expecting it. Anal sex generally isn't something one just up and does. It usually requires prior preparation in terms of learning whether or not you like that sensation, slowly learning to accept various sized things, and lots of extra lubrication. So if you haven't already been working up to that kind of penetration and haven't lubed up the area really well, it's probably not going to be all that comfortable.

------------------
Sarah Liz
Scarleteen Sexpert (and Labia Lady)

Posts: 7316 | From: USA | Registered: Oct 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CMTFlovesHAH
Activist
Member # 12774

Icon 5 posted      Profile for CMTFlovesHAH     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I have been wondering ... and I hate to even use the common term, but when a man and a woman have sex "doggy style" how is it possible for the penis to even find the entrance of the vagina to have sexual intercourse?

And now I wonder even more because FadingEndlessly posted that her boyfriends penis found, and went into her anus I guess more easily than the entrance to her vagina.

Thanks

Posts: 76 | From: NC, USA | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
smilee_kylie
Activist
Member # 20046

Icon 1 posted      Profile for smilee_kylie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Generally when doing sex 'doggy-style', the woman is on her hands and knees. Therefore her 'ass' and vagina are facing outwards. The vagina is just under the anus so its not hard for a male to be able to get his penis in there, especially if he managed to get it in the anus.

But yes it does sound like a stress reaction and if you are fine now then there's nothing to be worried about. As for pain, doing anal sex is a bit like penis-in-vagina sex. It will hurt at first. And thats completely normal. Especially since the anus is not originally designed for that.

Posts: 58 | From: Australia | Registered: Sep 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
CMT...Penises dont "find" anything, they cant see!

Generally, if you want things to go in the right place, you or your partner should guide his penis to the right place. The penis will almost never fail at entering the correct spot when its guided there

Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
As for pain, doing anal sex is a bit like penis-in-vagina sex. It will hurt at first. And thats completely normal. Especially since the anus is not originally designed for that.

Hey, who knows what the human body was designed for ?

But as a matter of fact, pain during anal sex is not "completely normal".

With the right lubrication, relaxation and communication (very different from what happened here!), it should not be painful. Pain is a sign that something's wrong and you need to stop.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
unity
Neophyte
Member # 18985

Icon 1 posted      Profile for unity     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
No offense, but if you were a guy, how would you manage to "accidentally" ..ermm .. stick your penis in there? Haha, sorry.
Posts: 34 | From: ohio | Registered: Jul 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrimsonCriminal
Activist
Member # 20650

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrimsonCriminal     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If you consider this, anuses don't produce their own lube,the anus is not straight but it changes direction every few inches, and the anal opening is a lot tighter, and generally tightens with intrusion, and certain angles can hurt quite a lot. Pain is NOT acceptable in this situation. Pain is the body's distress signal, so unless you enjoy pain (S&M, but those people practice very safely, in general) you shouldn't accept it as normal. Blacking out is just your body's protection system, because it doesn't want you to suffer. When I was a kid I had my finger caught in a fence and I got muscle cramps in my tummy because of the shock. Nothing abnormal here, just be careful in the future
Posts: 105 | From: Australia | Registered: Nov 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.