Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » yearly cycle?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: yearly cycle?
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've noticed something a little weird about my period. Once a year, always on my August period, I'm a good 4 or 5 days late. This has happened at least the last three years (and just happened again), so is it possible to have some sort of yearly as well as monthly cycle? Or is this all just completely coincidence?

(disclaimer: I know I'm not pregnant, so nobody worry about that

------------------
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbecued iguana

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Silver1381
Activist
Member # 18771

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Silver1381     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Sometimes when women are stressed about something or they lack good nutrition, their periods may be a little late. Are you a student who has to go back to school in August? It's just my own thought, but if you are a student, maybe you are a bit anxious/stressed to go back and your body responds to that by delaying your period by a few days. I know that this tends to happen to me every August as well, and I really think it's the stress of having to go back to school even though I personally love school.
I don't know if the same holds true for you, but I'm fairly certain that my August period is always a bit late because of the added stress of going back to school. To be honest I don't know much about cycles changing, so I can't give you any feedback on that. I'm sure someone else will be able to answer your question about that though.

[This message has been edited by Silver1381 (edited 08-02-2004).]

Posts: 123 | Registered: Jun 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MarvellousPurple
Activist
Member # 8776

Icon 1 posted      Profile for MarvellousPurple     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I've thought about that--I mean, it could be stress, but I'm not really all that stressed out. I've had my period during finals before (which I think is more stressful) and that's never delayed it, especially not by 4-5 days. Maybe my body just doesn't like the special augst pre-school stress I get. Maybe it's that stupid, stupid Italian student visa.

------------------
I wish I was in Tijuana
Eating barbecued iguana

Posts: 475 | From: Back in Providence, RI | Registered: Jun 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.