Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » pain during sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: pain during sex
tantaLizinShorty8
Neophyte
Member # 12803

Icon 11 posted      Profile for tantaLizinShorty8     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ill try to make this short as possible but i've been having sex for a year now and i've been with 5 different guys and every time i have sex its really painful.. the last time i had intercourse a few weeks ago it felt like he was literally ripping me apart.. we had to take a break and then even after that i couldnt do it anymore i was almost in tears because of the pain.. and i havent been a virgin for a year.. does anyone know why this is?
Posts: 30 | From: annapolis, maryland, usa | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You need to see your gynecologist. That is the very first step you should be taking. And if it's deep abdominal pain, don't wait another minute. get in there NOW.

Until you do that, to make sure it's not something like cysts, PID or an STI, abstain from any sexual activity.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
commonforeigner
Neophyte
Member # 18039

Icon 1 posted      Profile for commonforeigner     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Find an intact (uncircumcised) man! One of the reasons why you experience pain is because of the lack of skin on your partners penis. The foreskin allows for him to thrust without having to make long thrusts. The shorter the better. Plus with long thrusts he will drag your natural lubrication out which causes even more pain.
Posts: 6 | From: State College, PA, USA | Registered: May 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
HOLD UP HERE (and elsewhere, as I've mentioned, please).

Are you her gynecologist? Have you seen her to know she doesn't have, say, an ovarian cyst causing the pain? I'm doubting so.

Any person, of any gender, can vaginally penetrate a partner without discomfort to that partner, and with pleasure. They do not require a penis with a foreskin to do so. As well, what you're stating hereis beyond questionable. A woman can have deep penetration (and enjoy it plenty) and remain lubricated, or use as much latex-safe lubricant as she likes without pain. A woman with ANY partner can, and should, also communicate to that partner what does or doesn't feel good to her, nomatter what their equipment is.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In addition to Miz Scarlet's advice, having multiple partners or a number of partners in the course of a year means a barrier method like condoms are a must.

As such the issue of how the foreskin feels for the female on the recieving end of vaginal penetration, there is no difference on how a condom wearing circumsized or uncircumsized male feels for her.

------------------

Love Scarleteen? Say thank you by donating and keep us around!

[This message has been edited by bettie (edited 05-08-2004).]

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.