Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Love or lust?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Love or lust?
MASKCOLE
Neophyte
Member # 10716

Icon 6 posted      Profile for MASKCOLE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
This post isn't really about any particular issue or quandry, more of an answer on a general basis:
I am 17. I am not "sexually active" in the sense that no intercourse is invoved (but I have done pretty much everything else- manual and oral sex). I am a very sexual person, that is simply a part of who I am, but sometimes I wonder if I don't make actions based on sexual desires alone.
I am not a person who is particularly outgoing, I don't go on a whole lot of dates, but I mostly like to get guy's phone numbers and just talk wit hthem on the phone... maybe go out on a few dates with them, but when I start to think about my motivations behind these encounters (be it asking for numbers, the phone conversations, or even the dates) I begin to wonder if I am not "falling" for this person solely based on the sexual excitment I think about.
Hmm.. I guess my question here is: if it normal for a person to be so sexually motivated? Or even, is there anyone here who finds themself to be a "sexual" person without being promiscuous? Of course I look at personality, and of course physical traits, but as much as personality counts, the sexual desire counts (fantasies or whatever).
Thanks very much for any replies!
~Nicole

Posts: 30 | From: Orlando, Fl., U.S.A | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
babydoll86
Activist
Member # 16551

Icon 14 posted      Profile for babydoll86     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
hey girl.. well, my question for you is what is so bad about being sexual? We are indeed sexualized beings. I think it depends on what you are looking for it relationships, are you looking for a long-term partner or just casually dating?! I think in order to be with someone you have to be attracted to them in some manner whether it be totally platonic or romantic or just plain sexual!
Posts: 131 | From: IL., US | Registered: Feb 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.