Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » BDSM

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: BDSM
jeangenie
Activist
Member # 16168

Icon 5 posted      Profile for jeangenie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
As long as I've had a sense of sexual desire, I've associated sex and pain and it's never really bothered me. I assume that so long as a sex act is consensual there is nothing wrong with it. Lately, after an argument with a friend i've done some research and it seems that the vast majority of psychologists see masochism as a serious dysfunction. I was wondering what you all think. Any experience with BDSM? Is it a problem? Where can I find out more about the BDSM community?
Posts: 53 | From: Austin, TX, USA | Registered: Jan 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For starters, you can check out our article Working the Kinks Out.
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MASKCOLE
Neophyte
Member # 10716

Icon 10 posted      Profile for MASKCOLE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hmm...
Well, I have not had sexual intercourse, BUT,, my boyfriend and I do talk about engaging in BDSM. I am comfortable with it, and am a very open person, so after talking about maybe wanting to start in that direction, he was up for it. So, I think the key is to be open with your partner.

As that was more of a side note- to answer your original question: I don't think BDSM is a psychological "dysfunction", it's just a different want or need that not all of the population is (either A) comfortable in engaging in (or B) don't care to engage in. (If that helped any.....) By the way... I'm 17 so... :-D

Posts: 30 | From: Orlando, Fl., U.S.A | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.