Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » How often?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: How often?
psteez
Neophyte
Member # 17498

Icon 1 posted      Profile for psteez     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
For those of you who are sexually active, how often do you have sex per week, and how long have you been with your partners? I've been with my girlfriend for 7 months and there's been a terribly dramatic decrease in the amount of sex we're having...from 3-4 times per week to about 2 times per MONTH. Girls, am I doing something wrong?
Posts: 5 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
If I said 27 times a week, you'd probably feel terribly inadequate. If I said once a month, you might feel better, but it wouldn't actually change anything. Miz Scarlet has given you good advice in your other post on this, and we ask that users not make posts similar or identical to ones they've already made, so please don't do so again.

------------------
Milke, with an L, Mrs BD to you, RATS, TMNTP, MF, CWCD, WAOTA

Everything's been sold to others' revolutions

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
SunshineLK0517
Activist
Member # 17296

Icon 1 posted      Profile for SunshineLK0517     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ive been with my guy for only 3 months and we have sex once or twice a week only because we both have busy schedules
Posts: 64 | From: Ohio | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Jenni_05
Activist
Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yeah i'm with u psteez! I have been going out wit my bf for a year and a half and we do it at least 2 times a month if that! it used to be at least 3 times a week. The thing is that i am the one that wants it most of the time and he doesn't. I think it comes down to if we have time and privacy cos we both work full time.
Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Faeryprinces
Activist
Member # 12405

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Faeryprinces     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
None of what anyone here is going to tell you about their personal sex lives and how often they have sex is going to make a valid point to convince your girlfriend into having sex more often...just a little FYI in case that was your motivation for this.

Everyone is different, every relationship is different. I could tell you that I've been dating my boyfriend a year and a half and we have sex at least 3 times a week, but that could only be because the sex is new. I could also tell you that i have a friends that have been dating for three years and they say that they have sex 3 to 4 times a week...maybe because they only started having sex a few months earlier, or maybe they've been having sex for the past 2 years that way...who knows?

It's like Miz S told you in your other post...things can dwindle after awhile, the newness fades, it happens. Sometimes you can go into a dull period when you're not having sex so much, and then other times you can be going through a period where you could be having sex every day or every other day, its the way a relationship goes sometimes.

Maybe there are things that are stressing your girlfriend out that she hasnt been able to tell you...Or maybe she's on the pill and you're both realizing that the pill can decrease your sex drive a bit...who knows?

There could be a million different reasons behind it...but like i said before, if you're planning on taking stats to convince your girlfriend to have sex more often, nothing any of us say here is going to make a valid enough point to do that. You could very well just be curious and wanting to know that its normal, but it just seems to me like thats what you might be after since reading your other posts......

Posts: 227 | From: New Jersey, USA | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.