Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » bleeding after sex

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: bleeding after sex
JaXx
Neophyte
Member # 17101

Icon 1 posted      Profile for JaXx     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I lost my virginity last night, and have noticed a small amount of blood when I wipe after going to the bathroom. It's definitely not my period, and I was just wondering if this is anything to worry about. Thanx.
Posts: 2 | From: ChiCago | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 3 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
it's an injury. sometimes, when women have sex, they get small cuts and tears in their vagina. you need to let them heal, so NO penetration for a week till it's better, okay?

and in the future, use both condoms and water-based lubricant like KY liquid or Astroglide (sold in drug stores all over!). The condoms are always a good thing, and the lube is there to prevent any more tearing or injuries. also, go easy. if something hurts, STOP and try again in a way that doesn't hurt.

good articles for you:

• First Intercourse 101
  • Safer Sex & Birth Control forum FAQ (look for threads about LUBE)
  • Safe, Sound & Sexy - A Safer Sex How-To
  • A Simple Condom Primer

------------------
    SPAM: Spare Parts of Assorted Mammals

Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
  • Jenni_05
    Activist
    Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    I thought that when a girl loses their virginity the bleed because the hymen muscle gets torn when you have a penis inside of you for the first which normal for most girls so it's nothing to worry about.
    Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Jenni_05
    Activist
    Member # 17270

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Jenni_05     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    I thought that when a girl loses their virginity the bleed because the hymen muscle gets torn when you have a penis inside of you for the first time which normal for most girls so it's nothing to worry about.
    Posts: 43 | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    -Jill
    Scarleteen Volunteer
    Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    A couple of things.

The hymen isn't a muscle. Also, by the time most girls are sexually active it's already been significantly erroded by basic daily activities -- if you menstruate your hymen has erroded at least partially. So, no, bleeding isn't necessarily normal or nothing to worry about even if it's your first time.

As Gumdrop Girl said, this is an injury, something that needs to be allowed to heal. It's also an excellent idea to take steps to prevent it from happening again.

Pink Parts - Female Sexual Anatomy
    Magical Cups & Bloody Brides

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    Jenni_05
    Activist
    Member # 17270

ok sorry my bad........

i just thought most girls bled after their first time having sex speaking from my own experiences and most girls have talked to.

I guess i was wrong and i should leave to the experts like urself.

Thank- you very much for correcting me.

[This message has been edited by Jenni_05 (edited 03-17-2004).]

[This message has been edited by Jenni_05 (edited 03-18-2004).]

gothgirl13
    Neophyte
    Member # 17243

Icon 7 posted      Profile for gothgirl13     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    well when i lost my virginity i didnt think i bleed untill i got home and went to the bathroom and i seen a little bit of blood and that was all some of my friends didnt even bleed and others did Alot
    Posts: 19 | From: sydney | Registered: Mar 2004  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
    CorsetFetish
    Activist
    Member # 14592

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CorsetFetish     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
    Wait awhile before you put anything up there- hands, vibrator, tampon. Seriously, you will NOT be a happy camper when you have to take it out!

Also, next time, try it girl-on-top style, with your boyfriend on bottom with your straddaling him. You have a bit more control with how fast it goes and how hard.

~Corset~

Posts: 65 | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
     - Printer-friendly view of this topic
    Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
    Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.