Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » foreplay and pregancy

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: foreplay and pregancy
misskittyfantastico
Neophyte
Member # 14755

Icon 5 posted      Profile for misskittyfantastico     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
i have a quick question, thanks so much for your time and effort...
my boyfriend and I do not use condoms and dental dams when we perform oral sex on eachother. we have both had std tests and HIV tests and we are a-ok. but my question is (this might be stupid, but i am nervous and would rather be safe then sorry) can i become pregant if he or i have ejactulate or "pre-come" on our hands (even if its just a little) and he performs manual sex on me (fingering.)
i hope that wasnt too longwinded. thanks
p.s. we always use condoms for intercourse

Posts: 4 | From: Cali | Registered: Sep 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
duelist
Neophyte
Member # 14471

Icon 1 posted      Profile for duelist     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
According to my understanding, there is a small chance of pregnancy in that case as there is indeed some sperm in precum (and obviously in ejaculate), and sperm can last for 20 minutes outside of the body. I think just to be safe you should be using condoms during manual sex as well as intercourse.

-Duelist

Posts: 37 | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
DarlingBri
Activist
Member # 5036

Icon 1 posted      Profile for DarlingBri     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hi there --

Yes, you do indeed have a pregnancy risk. Here's more information; click the Manual Sex section:

What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts

------------------
Hope this helps,
--Bri

Love Scarleteen? Show your love for just $1.

Posts: 848 | From: London, UK | Registered: Aug 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
diggsm550
Neophyte
Member # 15301

Icon 1 posted      Profile for diggsm550     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is a question lots of girls have but are too shy to ask. Yes you can, the chance is smaller than say intercourse but it could still happen. Hey that might explain the Virgin Mary
Also you should always use condoms and dental dams, you never know what your partner is up to when you are not around it is not about trust it is about protection

Posts: 22 | From: cobleskill ny usa | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.