Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » help.. asapp!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: help.. asapp!
lakerss
Neophyte
Member # 15202

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lakerss     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im 15 and like most 15 yr olds... i want to experience some kind of pleasure(sexually) but im not ready to have sex.. and when i do masturbate i feel as if someone is watching me... even when no one is around or home... sometimes i want to have sex.. but i think about what can happen after.. ill have to see a gyno. and i heard that hurts alot.. and i could get stds or aids/hiv and get pregnant and even get my heart broken.. plz help me.. ASAP!!

[This message has been edited by lakerss (edited 10-21-2003).]

Posts: 1 | From: calii | Registered: Oct 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
MASKCOLE
Neophyte
Member # 10716

Icon 14 posted      Profile for MASKCOLE     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hey! This is an easy one... There are LOTS of ways to go about having sexual pleasure without actually having intercourse. I don't believe you specified if you want to experience sexual pleasure via one person (self sex) or two. Since yo're already masturbating, I'm guessing you're refering to a two person scene here.

Mutual masturbation (also refered to as a "hand job" or "fingering" on men and women respectively etc.) are one option, or oral sex (also refered to as a "blow job" or "eating out" on men and women respectively).

There is even yet another option if you don't even feel comfortable taking those steps: Dry sex. This is when a guy and a girl go through the exact motions of sex, but are wearing various items of clothes to cover their genitalia and prevent any fluids from maing contact with each other.

All of these things can stimulate sexual pleasure and do not involve intercourse. However, please be safe and use condoms and gloves when giving/receiving oral or manual sex.

Posts: 30 | From: Orlando, Fl., U.S.A | Registered: Nov 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
However, when it comes to readiness, most of the things that apply to intercourse also apply to non-intercourse activities.

You can still get STDs, for example, and you still have all the emotional complications of communicating with a sexual partner.

Doing "anything but" intercourse is not a magical guarantee of physical or emotional safety.

So if you're not ready for intercourse, you may well not be ready for other partnered sexual activities either.

If you're feeling anxious about masturbating, you're likely to feel just as awkward and uncomfortable being sexual with a partner - or even more so.

So slow down and get to know your own body and get comfortable with your sexuality before you even think about being sexual with anyone else. This article is a good place to start:

Sexual Response and Orgasm A Users Guide

(By the way, it's a good idea to get gyno check-ups once you've started menstruating, whether you're sexually active or not).

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.