Donate Now
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Tampons!? What 2 do? What 2 do?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Tampons!? What 2 do? What 2 do?
StevesLover
Neophyte
Member # 12963

Icon 5 posted      Profile for StevesLover     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hi...i have a few quick questions that hopefully you guys can help me with.....well ive been on my period now for about 2 years and its still really really irregular. like i get it every month, but it always come like a couple days after, or a couple days before i used to get it the first few months after i got my period. i understand that its totally normal, but its such a pain! lol...is there any way to help myself become more regular? or must i just get over it until it regulates on its own? is there any way to tell whether or not ill get my period early or late?...thanx so much 4 takin the time to read this...oh 1 more question. i really really hate pads because it feels like a diaper,lol. i have to use large pads because my period is usually pretty heavy. i want to use tampons, but im kinda scared to. i masterbate and can get a finger inside of myself usually pretty easily, but its because im aroused..i wouldnt be arroused when putting a tampon in, so would it hurt? is ther any way to make it more comfortable? thanx soo soo much 4 your help everyone =D

------------------
**** Im in love with the most amazing man in the entire world! ****

Posts: 12 | From: ~South Cali Baby~ | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
lemming
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 33

Icon 3 posted      Profile for lemming     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, first of all, and this may sound obvious, but:

Are you basing the date your period will come on the calendar day of the month? (Like, it came on August 14, so it should come on Sept. 14?)

Or are you counting the days between your periods?

The second way of counting will put you closer to the day, because months have different numbers of days.

As for regulating it--the only way you can do that is by getting on hormonal contraceptives. Other than that, you'll just have to wait till it evens out.

Tampon question: It may be uncomfortable at the beginning, but you'll get better at it. You shouldn't be able to feel a properly inserted tampon at all (this is 'cause there are very few nerve endings up inside the vagina).

You can make it more comfortable to insert by putting a bit of a condom-safe lubricant (like KY Jelly or Astroglide) on the tip of the tampon (NOT Vaseline).

------------------
Laurel Lemming
Scarleteen Advocate

Kissing girls in English at the back of the stairs, you're a honey with a following of innocent boys, they never know it because you never show it..." - Belle and Sebastian

Posts: 3156 | From: Austin, Texas | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
We also have a handy thread on problems inserting tampons:

http://www.scarleteen.com/forum/Forum1/HTML/001204.html

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.