Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » Im confused??????

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: Im confused??????
Tidge
Neophyte
Member # 14370

Icon 5 posted      Profile for Tidge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Me and my boyfriend have been together for a year now and we have been sleeping together for a while, we have allways used protection but for the past week iv been sick and im worried cos iv missed my period this month. I dont want to tell anyone cos my boyfriend is 16 and im only 15 and i dont want to get him into any trouble.....what can i do?
Posts: 15 | From: southampton | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RumpusParable
Activist
Member # 2295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RumpusParable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
first off, i'd take a pregnancy test. that way you can rule out whether or not you're worrying yourself about pregnancy for nothing. if you are pregnant, you need to start making some decisions and plans. this will mean you'll need to tell someone. the sooner you know, the more options you have.

but first & foremost, since you've missed your period, go get a test. from there tackle what (if anything) the results give you. don't keep twisting yourself up with "what ifs" and "am i"s!

Posts: 160 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Tidge
Neophyte
Member # 14370

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Tidge     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I dont no if this would make any diference but iv had a ileostomy recently and could this be the reason why im bein sick and have missed my period????????
Posts: 15 | From: southampton | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Ashy
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 4764

Icon 2 posted      Profile for Ashy     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
After 10 days from the last time you had sex, take a pregnancy test if you haven't gotten your period. They're relatively cheap, and it'll ease your mind, even if your period has been delayed because of surgery.
Am I pregnant?

Posts: 1784 | From: USA | Registered: Jul 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
bettie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 78

Icon 1 posted      Profile for bettie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
From what I understand an ileostomy is a serious operation and could quite possibly cause a woman to miss her period. Talk to your doctor about your symptoms (illness, skipped period). Getting proper after care after an operation is important.

------------------

Love Scarleteen? Say thank you by donating and keep us around!

Posts: 1060 | From: Canada | Registered: Jun 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.