Donate Now
my profile | directory login | register | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Got Questions? Get Answers. » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » yay or nay?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: yay or nay?
Fit Claire
Neophyte
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fit Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
ok, basically last night i went to 2nd and 3rd base with this guy then he tried to have sex with me. before he had time to put his penis inside me i pushed him away but it did touch the opening of my vagina.
by this time he hadn't come.

so what i;m asking is whether, in your opinion, i should bother going to get the morning after pill or if theres not really much chance of me getting pregnant??

love claire.x

p.s my period is due any day now if that makes any difference.

Posts: 14 | From: west Midlands, uk | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Reaper33X
Activist
Member # 13863

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Reaper33X     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well its too late to get the morning after pill now.
I wouldn't worry at all. If his penis barely touched the openning to your vagina, and he hadn't cum yet, there's not a whole lot of risk of contracting anything, and virtually no chance of you getting pregnant.

~CJ

Posts: 91 | From: UK | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Nuh-uh, sorry Reaper, but she does have a pregnancy and STD risk due to the prescence of pre-ejaculate, which is there pretty much anytime a man's penis is erect. It makes no difference if the penis was there for only a second, or if he didn't orgasm.

Since this episode happened only last night, and ECP works up to 100 (and even 120 now, it seems) hours after the event, I don't see any reason why Claire shouldn't get the morning after pill. And in a few months, Claire, you should schedule a full STD screening too, to make sure everything's clear on that end, okay? Good luck.

Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Fit Claire
Neophyte
Member # 9889

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Fit Claire     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
thanks alot for the advice.
i think i will get it after all.

Posts: 14 | From: west Midlands, uk | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
RumpusParable
Activist
Member # 2295

Icon 1 posted      Profile for RumpusParable     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
good for you! it just makes me cheery right now to have seen that you're gonna go ahead and be responsible enough to take necessary steps to prevent pregnancy (and hopefully follow through on the STD check suggested, too).

we all have had moments we said "oh no", hopefully we all learn from them, and it's great that a person takes care of themselves.

just feeling all warm & fuzzy right now... don't mind me. up a longggggg time.

Posts: 160 | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kittylouise711
Neophyte
Member # 14134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kittylouise711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Yes, there is a pregnate risk, here. You should take the morning after pill, and, if you feel you should, take a pregnancy test. And I agree with wobblyheadedjane, you should get a STD screening, as well as a STI, ya know, just to be sure. 8)
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
kittylouise711, there's really no need to post just to repeat what's already been said.
Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kittylouise711
Neophyte
Member # 14134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kittylouise711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
I was just reviewing what was said and added to maybe get an STI screening, which was not mentioned.
Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kittylouise711
Neophyte
Member # 14134

And I also said perhaps taking a pregnancy test, which was also not mentioned.
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post   Reply With Quote 
Well, if you're getting a full STD screening, this includes STIs as well. Also, since Claire is still concerned with getting ECP at this point, taking a pregnancy test is sort of silly since it's a) too soon, and b) not necessary unless she has a delayed period, and is worried.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

Quick Reply
HTML is not enabled.
UBB Code™ is enabled.

Instant Graemlins

Post New Topic  New Poll  Post A Reply Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.