Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » FIRST ORAL SEX!

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: FIRST ORAL SEX!
DaveMatthewsGirl03
Neophyte
Member # 14310

Icon 4 posted      Profile for DaveMatthewsGirl03     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
im almost 95% sure that tonight my boyfriend & I will have oral sex. He wants me to give him a blow job & he wants to finger me.. but I've never done any of that before. I feel stupid asking this, but Im wondering, should I shave down there? And if I do, should i just shave a little off, or all of it? Please help!
Posts: 1 | From: Pekin, IL, USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Laurae
Activist
Member # 10891

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Laurae     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You should shave just as much as you want, even if that means not shaving any. Just keep in mind that often the first shaving of pubic hair often results in some itchy red bumps that are supposed to go away with time.

As a reminder, you should always use a condom for performing fellatio (giving head/ blowjob/ male oral sex).

Also, when he fingers you, if he fingers you he should wear a latex glove. It will prevent any tearing of the delicate vaginal tissues, which can be painful, as well as preventing the spread certain STD's.

------------------
Laurae

"Music is essentially useless, as life is." George Santayana (1863 - 1952)

Posts: 60 | From: USA | Registered: Dec 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
squirrelgoddess
Neophyte
Member # 14304

Icon 1 posted      Profile for squirrelgoddess     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Right, I agree with the other chic shaving is a choice not a commandment.
But I disagree with the whole latex glove thing. I mean make sure his nails are trimmed and his hands are clean, but c'mon this is you're boyfriend not your gyno. And a condom for oral sex is only necessary if you don't know who he's been with, or can't trust him. (just me but I wouldn't give head to a guy I couldn't trust) There's nothing wrong with swallowing cum, unless it's riddled with STDs. Good luck!
Peace.

Posts: 2 | From: Ohio,USA | Registered: Aug 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Blue Roses
Activist
Member # 9928

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Blue Roses     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Actually, you can get also get STD's through non-sexual behavior, so using safer-sex procedures is always a good idea to prevent diseases. Unless you've both been monogamous for at least a year, and both had two complete STD screens six months apart, you can't know for certain if either of you is carying anything. Many STD's are asymptotic, especially in men. And condoms allow you to spice things up a bit with oral stuff by using flavoured ones and so on
Posts: 105 | From: Bryn Mawr, PA, USA | Registered: Sep 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
And for that matter, there are a lot of very trustworthy people with STDs out there. Someone's being a nice person doesn't magically protect them against infection.

And many people have STDs precisely because they fell for the line that practising safer sex meant they didn't trust their partner.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
kittylouise711
Neophyte
Member # 14134

Icon 1 posted      Profile for kittylouise711     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Whether you want to shave your pubic hairs or not is totally up to you. How much hair you want to shave off is also totally up to you. Just a reminder, shaving pubic hair for the first time may lead to itchiness (from personal experience), and little red bumps. I suggest using moisterizer(sp) afterwards.

Make sure when your boyfriend fingers you he is wearing a latex glove to prevent tearing a nick in your vagina. Also keep handy (just in case) a bottle of lubricant to place on the tip of his finger.

Also keep handy a condom for performing fellatio.

For more info on safer sex, go here:

Safer Sex for your Heart

Hope this helps,

Kittylouise711

Posts: 36 | Registered: Jul 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Gumdrop Girl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 568

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Gumdrop Girl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
hey blue roses, i think you meant to say asymptomatic. been studying too hrad for calc again, i see

squirrel, gloves and condoms are good things. getting a partner to use them shows that your partner is interested in your well-being and safety. not asking your partner to use them is just nave (see logic_grrl's reply).

Gloves can also protect the person performing manual sex. for example, if he has a rash on his hand, like eczema or something, acidic vaginal fluid can irritate that rash and cause it to flare up like mad. Hands are also prone to things like cuts and scrapes, which can promote pathogen transmission.

And flavored condoms can be a pleasant and fun way to eliminate that "spit or swallow" debate (especially since "spit or swallow" is a leading reason that teenagers are getting gonorrhea infections in their throats).

Caring about your partner is caring about his or her safety.Don't ever sell yourself short, and certainly don't sell someone else short. We would never advise anything less to our users.

------------------
Love Scarleteen? By donating just $1, you can help keep us around.

Posts: 12677 | From: Los Angeles, CA ... somewhere off the 10 | Registered: Jul 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.