Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » swimming with tampons

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: swimming with tampons
pix
Activist
Member # 13496

Icon 1 posted      Profile for pix     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
ok, i've been wearing tampons for about two years, and believe it or not, i've never ended up swimming during my period. but i'm just wondering, are you supposed to change your tampon before you go into the water? or if i've only been wearing it an hour or so can i just use that one? also, should i take it out right after? or is it okay to leave it in for a while... and if so how long?
thnx.

Posts: 109 | From: canada | Registered: Jun 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
BabyGurl8706
Activist
Member # 13227

Icon 1 posted      Profile for BabyGurl8706     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope.Not unless it has been in there for over 4 hours, and you are heavy. I know when my girlfriends and I go swimming if they are on their period when they get out they change their Tampon just in case.Plus to water can get up in you vagina and the tampon could soak up the water.
Hope I helped.
BabyGurl

------------------

Don't worry about yesterday for it has passed.Don't Worry about tomorrow for it is in the future.Worry about today for it could be your last.

Posts: 56 | From: Back In The sticks of Missouri | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
silent_darkness
Neophyte
Member # 13218

Icon 1 posted      Profile for silent_darkness     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Yea I think it depends on how heavy your flow is also..If you feel you need to change before than ok...But theres nothing to be worried about. I felt the same until my friend toldme it was ok..and I did! Wa-la! It was not as weird as expected..Also, yes, water gets soaked up in the tampon soemtimes and when you contract your vagina or get out of the water it feels like your tampons leaking but its really just water. I spent most of the time inthe pool feeling under my bathing suit to feel if I was leaking

------------------
Break down, and cease all feeling
Burn now, what once was breathing
Reach out, and you may take my heart away

Posts: 20 | From: Sharon Grove | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Daydreamer24
Activist
Member # 5578

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Daydreamer24     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
Originally posted by pix:
are you supposed to change your tampon before you go into the water? or if i've only been wearing it an hour or so can i just use that one?

You don't have to change your tampon before you go swimming. Well, you might want to if it is very full so you don't have to get out of the pool, but other than that, no. And after you're done swimming, you can leave the tampon in.

Posts: 1619 | From: TEXAS | Registered: Oct 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.