Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » vibrators = kegel exercises?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: vibrators = kegel exercises?
thatgirl
Neophyte
Member # 13006

Icon 5 posted      Profile for thatgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Just curious...
If kegel exercises stregthen the muscles...by contracting them...
Would it be the same if you used a vibrator on your clitoris while masturbating?
Would that have the same effect?

Sorry, really random question. I know. Curiosity is just..wandering..?

------------------
"Oh, it's that girl again..."

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Think about it: if you used a vibrator on your bicep, would it do the same thing as working that muscle?

Nope.

Your kegel or PC muscles are not located on your clitoris, to boot. But you certainly could do Kegels while stimulating your clitoris if you like. But stimulus alone isn't necessarily going to make those muscles rhythmically contract.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, using a vibrator won't automatically cause your vaginal muscles to contract.

They will contract several times involuntarily when you have an orgasm (regardless of whether that's from vibrator use, or masturbation by hand, or any other sort of sexual stimulation).

However, you'd have to be having a lot of orgasms every day to get the same effect as, say, doing 200 Kegels .

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
thatgirl
Neophyte
Member # 13006

Icon 1 posted      Profile for thatgirl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Haha..my curiosity is very odd sometimes. Thank you.

------------------
"Oh, it's that girl again..."

Posts: 2 | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
somewhatanonymous
Activist
Member # 3820

Icon 1 posted      Profile for somewhatanonymous     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
The packaging on some "beng-wa balls" at a local sex store advertised their product as strengthening kegel muscles. Thoughts on that?
Posts: 141 | From: Seattle, WA, USA | Registered: May 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Milke
Activist
Member # 961

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Milke     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
That'd be because they're basically just weights that can be held in place using vaginal muscles. Similar therapies have been used to treat incontinence, actually.

------------------
Milke, with an L, SSBD, RATS, TMNTP, MF

I still love you, oh, I still love you
...Only slightly, only slightly less than I used to

Posts: 5122 | From: I *came* from the land of ice and snow | Registered: Aug 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.