Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » how to give a hickey?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: how to give a hickey?
CrystalChin
Neophyte
Member # 13002

Icon 12 posted      Profile for CrystalChin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
m just wondering..how DO u give a hickey and wat colour shdoul an ideal hickey be?i've been trying to give my bf a hickey and it neVER seEMS To WORK!am i doin something wrong?!GIve him a few seconds and there'll be this HUGE hickey on ME!how doES he do IT?
Posts: 12 | From: thailand | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Executive Director & Founder
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
You cannot make a person bruise a certain color. That isn't up to you, it's up to their own bodies. And there is no "ideal hickey." They aren't fashion accessories, kiddo.

Some folks bruise more easily than others, so while you may get a kickey easily, he may not.

But here's the thing: there are no points to be given for leaving marks, unless the person getting one wants a mark. If he DOES want one (rather than if he doesn't, or if he just likes his neck sucked or bitten), hickeys are simply caused by deep sucking on the neck, deeper for some folks than for others.

------------------
Heather Corinna
Editor and Founder, Scarleteen

My epitaph should read: "She worked herself into this ground."
-- Kay Bailey Hutchinson

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
CrystalChin
Neophyte
Member # 13002

Icon 1 posted      Profile for CrystalChin     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
well he askEd for it so wat shd i do?
Posts: 12 | From: thailand | Registered: May 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Heather     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Well, we all can ask for lots of things from a partner, and that deoends on if our partners want to entertain us.

So, if you WANT to give him a hickey, you suck on his neck until he gets one. Or, you discover that he doesn't bruise very easily, and that maybe it's not possible.

What you don't do is bite or suck to the point that you're injuring the boy. if it just isn't going to happen, it isn't. I assure you, he'll live.

Posts: 68290 | From: An island near Seattle | Registered: May 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
-Jill
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 5375

Icon 1 posted      Profile for -Jill     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Hon, posts written with sticky caps and words like "shd" and "bf" (which could mean boyfriend, best friend or a myriad of other things) are very hard to read. As per the guidelines please use standard English.

Thanks.

Posts: 3641 | From: Truckee, CA, US | Registered: Sep 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Dans Girl_friend
Neophyte
Member # 12396

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Dans Girl_friend     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
In England a "hickey" is called a love bite.

There are evening classes available in some parts of the country on how to perform this operation.

Aparantly the Health and Safety Executive have insisted Local Education Authorities make reasonable efforts to provide the courses where injury has occured out in the coumunity.

There was a news report in our local paper some months back with the headline:

"LOVE BITES CAN BE LETHAL!"

It makes you think does it not?

[This message has been edited by Dans Girl_friend (edited 05-12-2003).]

Posts: 18 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Anonymous182
Neophyte
Member # 12303

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Anonymous182     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
I usually find that hickeys occur when you're not even trying to make one. My ex gave me one accidently a while back, for one. I've never tried to give anyone a hickey so I can't be of much help. But I will say to take their advice and don't push it. He'll most certainly live without one (they're embarrassing sometimes anyhow). Of course you can keep trying too. It may happen one of these times.
Posts: 28 | Registered: Mar 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
tonemgub
Neophyte
Member # 51458

Icon 1 posted      Profile for tonemgub     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
This is how I give and hide my hickeys [Wink] http://howtofixstuff.blogspot.com/2012/02/how-to-give-and-get-rid-of-hickeys.html
Posts: 4 | From: US | Registered: Dec 2010  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Heather
Member # 3

tonemgub: can you please address Kat's post to you here before posting at Scarleteen further: http://www.scarleteen.com/cgi-bin/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?/ubb/get_topic/f/27/t/026881/p/1.html#000000

Thank you.

To review, it was:

quote:
I really need to ask you about your age. In the terms you agreed to when you signed up you agreed to not lie about your age - because we serve young people it is important to us that users don't lie about this. In your last post you made you said you were a Junior in High School, but your profile says you are 37. Which one, if either, is correct?

--------------------
Heather Corinna, Executive Director & Founder, Scarleteen
About Me Get our book!
Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world. Indeed, it is the only thing that ever has. - Margaret Mead

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.