Donate Now
We've Moved! Check out our new boards.
  New Poll  
my profile | directory login | search | faq | forum home

next oldest topic   next newest topic
» Scarleteen Boards: 2000 - 2014 (Archive) » SCARLETEEN CENTRAL » Sex Basics and Sexual Health » what is the use?

- UBBFriend: Email this page to someone!    
Author Topic: what is the use?
cowgirl17
Neophyte
Member # 12846

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cowgirl17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
What is the use of fingering? I know it might sound dumb...but i was just wondering! And also, can i get pregnant from both anal...and vaginal sex? IF you can't tell, i am an "over protected" kid! Thanx!

------------------
Life is Good!!

Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
magpie
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 2340

Icon 1 posted      Profile for magpie     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Welcome to Scarleteen!

I'm going to move your thread to Sex Basics and Sexual Heath. I think it will get more relevand responses there.

Also, we recommend the use of the Search function. There are lots of previous posts on your topic.

Posts: 286 | From: Ames, IA | Registered: Jan 2001  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
Bobolink
Activist
Member # 1386

Icon 1 posted      Profile for Bobolink         Edit/Delete Post 
Manual Sex
Where DID I Come From? Human Reproduction
Mouthing Off On Oral Sex
Advice: Anal Sex

Have a gander at some of our great articles and feel free to ask questions about them.

------------------
We can't solve problems by using the same kind of thinking we used when we created them.

- Albert Einstein

[This message has been edited by Bobolink (edited 04-29-2003).]

Posts: 3442 | From: Stirling, Ontario, Canada | Registered: Sep 2000  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
logic_grrl
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 8067

Icon 1 posted      Profile for logic_grrl     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
quote:
What is the use of fingering?

The same as with any other sexual activity - giving pleasure (and, sometimes, providing a way of being intimate).

If it's not doing that, don't do it.

It's worth remembering that just inserting fingers into the vagina - which is what some people use "fingering" to mean - is pretty unlikely to be pleasurable on its own for most women. So if that's what you've been trying, that may be why you're wondering what the "use" is.

quote:
can i get pregnant from both anal...and vaginal sex?

There is no connection between the anus and the vagina, but it's possible for semen or pre-ejaculate to leak out of the anus and get smeared into the vagina. So yes, you can get pregnant as a result of anal intercourse.

What's The Risk? - Five Easy Pregnancy Risk Assessment Flow Charts

In addition, unprotected anal intercourse is one of the highest-risk activities when it comes to STD transmission. So using a condom for it is just good common sense anyway.

Posts: 6944 | From: UK | Registered: May 2002  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
cowgirl17
Neophyte
Member # 12846

Icon 5 posted      Profile for cowgirl17     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
OK...now just a couple of days ago i herd that fingering was also used to stretch out the vagina so the the penis could fit in it..it that also true?
Posts: 6 | Registered: Apr 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator
wobblyheadedjane
Scarleteen Volunteer
Member # 11569

Icon 1 posted      Profile for wobblyheadedjane     Send New Private Message       Edit/Delete Post 
Nope, your vagina's made out of this awesome stretchy muscle that is small enough to hold in a tampon, or can stretch to accomodate a baby, and then go right back to its regular shape. It's pretty versatile.
Posts: 1679 | From: London, ON | Registered: Jan 2003  |  IP: Logged | Report this post to a Moderator

New Poll   Close Topic   Feature Topic   Move Topic   Delete Topic next oldest topic   next newest topic
 - Printer-friendly view of this topic
Hop To:

Contact Us | Get the Whole Story! Go Home to SCARLETEEN: Sex Ed for the Real World | Privacy Statement

Copyright 1998, 2014 Heather Corinna/Scarleteen
Scarleteen.com: Providing comprehensive sex education online to teens and young adults worldwide since 1998

Information on this site is provided for educational purposes. It is not meant to and cannot substitute for advice or care provided by an in-person medical professional. The information contained herein is not meant to be used to diagnose or treat a health problem or disease, or for prescribing any medication. You should always consult your own healthcare provider if you have a health problem or medical condition.